Kangaroo Island in july

Jan 28th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Kangaroo Island in july

Should I go visit Kangaroo Island in late July. Have heard it can be cold and rainy. Is it worth the 3 day trip and the plane ride from GBR area to visit.
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:21 AM

G'day.
It's true, it can be pretty cold at that time.
If you have the time to spare it maybe better to fly to Ayers Rock for a couple of days.
Mike
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:11 AM

Hi elz1,
I went to KI mid July 2002 and though it was chilly enough to wear my ski jacket, it was nothing comparable to the winter . Rain or shine, I LOVED my 2 days there! I loved that it's a place that's not yet overrun by tourists. I loved the peacefulness of the place, scenic spots like Remarkable Rocks but the think I loved most was seeing all the wildlife!!

I'd go back there in a heartbeat and Adelaide is a cute city which is worth spending a day or two in...

My vote is go!
Debbie
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:22 AM

I meant to say KI's winter is nothing comparable to what I'm used to having lived in N. America my whole life.
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:33 PM

It was windy and drizzled a little in August, but it was worth the experience. We got to see so much wildlife in one day. If you don't want to spend much time in KI, I know Sealink offers a tour that leaves from Adelaide. It's a long day (7am-10pm) but then you can stay on the main land. The 2 nights we stayed there was totally worth it. I would do it again.