I leave tomorrow with one last question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow is my big day. I booked this flight over 11 months ago. I'm flying Miami to London on BA, and London to Sydney on Qantas with a fuel stop in Singapore. Two nights on a flight in coach.

My question. When I arrive in Sydney at the International terminal, should I take the train or the airport bus to my hotel. I'm right next to the Museum station, which is a direct line from the airport. I'm traveling very light--just one suitcase on wheels and backpack. I've heard the airport bus is cheaper. Which one will be faster? My favorite restaurant in Sydney is waiting for me and my flight doesn't get into Sydney until around 7:30 p.m.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I've taken the train and the private airport shuttles. Both are fine and reasonably priced.

I twice waited 45 minutes for a bus (once was at 8:45am and the first bus was full...the second time was at 10:30pm). Now, I just take the train.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 06:13 PM

As you will be travelling light and staying near Museum station, the train would certainly be the most convenient. Would love to know what that favourite restaurant is! Have fun!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM

Take the train! We took the KST Sydney Airporter and waited and waited and waited for it to fill up before leaving the airport. After an overnight flight from LAX, we didn't want to wait around to travel to our hotel, but evidently they don't leave until it's totally full. In addition the driver was not very gentle with our luggage. We'll take the train next time, even though it's more expensive and we'll need to change at Circular Quay to get to wherever we will stay.
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 02:25 AM

Wally,

After 2 nights en route in economy,with a hot shower & decent restaurant waiting, I'd be hopping into a cab, not messing about with trains or shuttles. $25 - $30 & 20 mins later you're at your hotel.

Have fun & remember to tip us off about your favourite restaurant

Old Dec 15th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Just in time. I leave in one hour.

I don't know the name of the restaurant, sorry, but I have eaten there several times.

It is on Oxford Street. It is a Ti restaurant on the second floor. It is a BYO restaurant, so I pick up a bottle of wine just a few doors down from the restaurant, the restaurant uncorks it for no charge and I often order the special of the house, where they cut a pinapple in half, and fill the inside with rice, chicken, shrimp, and mussels. The bill comes to $15 Australian. The food is served on china, real tablewear and tableclothes. The only drawback--no air-conditioning and last New Year's Eve was warm.
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Sounds like Tum Nuk Thai.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Peteralan, you might be right!

I got their business card. It is Tumnakthai restaurant at 101 Oxford Street in Darlinghurst. I ate there and it was great, again.