Search

Burwood to Sydney Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burwood to Sydney Airport

G'day all

Just finishing up a fabulous one-month vacation in Sydney and will be returning to Canada next week.

I'm presently staying in Burwood. Can anyone tell me the price of a taxi to the airport from Burwood? Is there a better alternative to get to the airport from Burwood? My flight leaves at 11:00 am. Thank you in advance for any information or advice that you can provide me with.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 11:53 AM

Sorry can't help you with the price of taxi fare from Burwood to the airport. Why don't you just ask a cab driver in the Streets of Burwood, they would give you an idea of how much it would cost.
There is always, a train from Burwood to Central Station, then the airport express train to either domestic or international, or why not look in the telephone book of your hotel, and see if there are any Airport Direct mini buses, in your area (they are usually cheaper than a taxi)
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 01:24 PM

CaptKangaroo, bus 400, which runs right through the main street of Burwood (catch it near the railway station corner at Westpac, heading up the hill) goes to Bondi Junction via both terminals. It stops right outside the International Terminal. No taxi could get you closer. The trip takes around 40 minutes. The cost is about $AUD3.40. I never travel any other way to the airport, and I don't live anywhere near Burwood!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:31 PM

I agree with Alan...I always use the 400 bus from the Bondi Junction end to the airport.Its cheap and fairly quick stopping at only a few stops on the way.I don't think you would find a better way to travel to the airport from Burwood.Cheers!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM

I'll put in my "two bob's worth" on the subject, but basically it's just a reiteration of Alan & Peteralan's advice above ... get the 400 bus !

Even though I live out in the Northern suburbs of Sydney, I always get the bus to Burwood, cross the road to the railway station and get a train to my home station.

It's much more convenient and cost-effective than paying the quite honestly, EXORBITANT prices they charge to use the (privately owned)Domestic/International terminal train stations !
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Alan et al

Thanks you for your generous advice. Once again this forum has proven to be an invaluable source of very useful information. The 400 Bus it is for $AUD3.40!

G'day mates