Greetings:

Sep 24th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Greetings:

Still looking for a serviced apartment in the Sydney area during January, February, March. We were thinking about staying at the Waldorf in Waitara and was wondering about the neighborhood, accessibility to public transportation, shopping, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated. Other suggestions? Thanks!
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Myrtle: I don't know about that apartment or area, but we recently stayed at the Mercure Grand Apartments in Darling Harbour. We had great access to public transportation, whether it be the monorail, ferries, taxis, etc. We were at the end of the Pyrmont Bridge (a footbridge) and, at the other end where the (various)Darling Harbour wharfs. Within walking distance was the aquarium, Imax theater and Maritime Museum. Also, within walking distance, was the Harbourside Mall (I believe that was the name). We were also able to walk to great restaurants just across the bridge as well as in the mall.
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:28 PM

Myrtle

ARe you here for 3 months or so?

Waitara is a suburb to the north of Sydney - not a bad area, and on the train line, but not central to anything at all. If you were only here for the usual tourist length of time, then I wouldn't stay in Waitara, unless cost was the over-ruling factor. So much of your time is spent getting to where you want / need to be.

If you can give a bit more info, I can try and make a suuitable suggestion (I almost said sensible - but that's just not me! )
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Margo Oz:
We would be very interested in a sensible suggestion. We don't mind using public transportation, but we don't want to be in some obscure location away from everything.
We are interested in a decent serviced apartment which is close to some basic shopping, etc. We would love to stay closer to the central section of Sydney, but the apartments seem very expensive. We were going for something in the $500 to $600 range per week since we are planning on staying for 3 mo. Thanks! Myrtle
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:34 PM

Myrtle

I think you got any number of good suggestions on your other post! Sydney is quite a large, spread out city, so where you live depends on what you want/have/need to do with your time.

Are you working or attending school somewhere?
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:42 PM

Myrtle, I have topped a couple of old posts for you to browse through.... maybe something useful in these? (Look at headings nearby)
Dec 12th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Just a comment on the Waldorf Apartment Hotel on Liverpool St. We were booked there with a confirmed reservation guaranteed by a credit card, but were turned away at 5 PM when we arrived on a very busy Saturday night.