Search

Dressing in June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dressing in June

Okay -- so for our Honeymoon we are coming to Australia. <BR><BR>We are staying in Sydney from June 4 - 9 and then Port Douglas from June 10 - 13 and then Lizard Island from June 14 - 19th. <BR><BR>I am looking for guidelines for the dinners out and special nights as well as every day ware( tie, jacket,nice dress vs sundress etc ) <BR><BR><BR>Tetsuya <BR>Opera Performance<BR>Dinner at Lizard<BR>Manly Beach<BR>Blue Mts trip<BR>Hunter Valley<BR>David Armbursts ( I know light clothes and long sleeves and warm jacket were recommended in June - Sept )<BR><BR>Will it be cold during the day in Sydney? Will we need shorts and long sleeves or jeans and t-shirts winter like jackets, sweaters?? I am at a lost and want to pack efficiently but completely since we'll ahve laundry in PD. <BR><BR>Up north in PD and LI will shorts, tshirts etc be good enough since I *think* its around 80 degrees up there? <BR><BR>Dawn <BR><BR><BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:00 AM

Compare Florida to New England and you will realise you will be in some varying temps. so the best way is to layer, smart casual with jacket and maybe an umbrella for Sydney and then shorts and tops for Port Douglas. Dinner at night, again smart casual but hopefully not T shirts altho' you are bound to see them. Something really nice for the opera but over the top is not necessary. It will be cool in the Blue Mountains so a sweater is advisable.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:39 AM
cr

I'll be in Sydney the beginning of June for 6 days as part of my honeymoon as well. I figured that Australia will be in late fall and Sydney is south so I'm planning on bringing clothes that I would wear in late Fall in New England. I'm also going to be spending sometime in Port Douglas and figure it would be warm and that shorts and skirts would be fine.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:41 AM

June in Sydney is the beginning of winter. Sydney is about the same latitude south as San Diego is north. <BR>The days should be great, but the evenings will be a bit chilly. During the day, it may be too cold for shorts. At night - you don't need to go as far as a suit, but you should dress reasonably well, say collar and tie, dressy dress or skirt or pants. You will need a warm jacket at night.<BR><BR>The Blue Mountains will be colder - you will need to dress warmly, but how warmly depends on where you come from. For instance - we don't have snow here, but the winds can be a bit chilly. Best idea is layers and a rain/wind jacket. We don't usually get much rain in winter - but who can tell. Hunter Valley similar - but not as cold.<BR><BR>Port Douglas and Lizard should be warm - they are in the tropics. During the day, shorts, t-shirts, sundresses - and remember the sun - you need to cover up in the middle of the day and wear sunblock and hats. No sense being on your honeymoon looking (and feeling) like a lobster. For special evenings up north - shirt and long pants, or skirt, dress.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all these great guidelines! : ) <BR><BR>