Search

Dolphins at sea world

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dolphins at sea world

Hi!
Just wondering whether anyone has any experience of the dolphin adventure at Sea World. A party of 6 can have an up-close encounter for$580. Or another adventure for $840 for the 6 of us. The website is a bit vague on details of what the programmes invovles, apart from 20 minutes in the water and I wondered whether anyone had done either of the programmes and would say they were worth the money??
Thanks for any replies!
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 01:59 PM

You could always check out the cost of staying one night at Tangalooma Resort on Morton Island as they have dolphin feeding at night as well and I think that the cost would be a great deal less. Having said that the upclose encounter at Sea World is a fantastic experience and well worth it IF you have enough people to make the cost less.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Australia One. Tangalooma did cross my mind, but Seaworld would be easier. There would be 6 of us who could do the cheaper option together as a party. I'm just wondering what else you get for the more expensive option. Do you know anything else about the experience?? Thanks
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM

Hi Dizzy,

I agree that Seaworld would be the better option as you can't interact so much with the dolphins at Tangalooma. I think the $580 option sounds pretty good to me and think you'd be blown away by that alone.

I've never done a dolphin experience - but maybe you've inspired me to go out and do it now. (We only live about 40 minutes away )I think the prices have come right down for this experience as I'm sure a few years ago it was quite a bit more.

Old May 5th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice Stormbird, I'm going to book too!