Christchurch-Where to Stay

Old Feb 12th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Christchurch-Where to Stay

iím now looking for the Best Area to stay in for a Christchurch 2 Nighter. Given the current weather alerts we are going to go from the West Coast to Christchurch to avoid the worst of the impending storm. We will have a car and need parking, but would like to be convenient to sites. Basically we will have a day & half there before we leave & pick up our planned itin. We have time at the end of our stay in Akaroa peninsula and Christchurch. As always appreciate folks suggestions.
Old Feb 12th, 2020, 07:27 PM

We stayed at the Heritage across from Cathedral Square and like the location. The rooms are apartment style and spacious. It is easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and attractions. I didnít drive so I donít know if there is parking in the building but there are several surface lots around the hotel. Although we did not stay at A Classic Villa, we did look at it during our research and like itís location across from the Arts Center and a block from the Canterbury Museum and Botanic Gardens.
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, i will check availability.
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 03:16 AM

I liked being close to the Botanic Garden and Museums but my place is sadly gone. Maybe Hotel Montreal?