Search

Best Hotel Suite/Room for Opera View

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Hotel Suite/Room for Opera View

Hi,

What's the best hotel suite/rooms for Opera/Harbour views in Sydney? We've been thinking about:

The Obersveratory
Shangri La
Four Seasons

The Four Season's rates page keeps crashing my Mac, so I'm not sure what we can get for our Aus$600 budget ???

Thanks
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 01:11 AM

the best view of the opera house is from the park hyatt hotel on the opposite shore of the quay. it is the only up close view. the other hotels are set behind the opera house and to the rear, offering a view of the entire harbor. the observatory is below a hill and has no view of the opera house.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:57 AM
DJE

Another choice you might want to consider is the Intercontinental with a room on their Club FLoors and access all day and evening to the new top floor Club Lounge. Our room had a great view of the Opera House and the bridge and harbour. The new lounge also offers a spectacular view, similar to our room but also including the botanical gardens. It's all large glass panes from floor to ceiling on three sides and also has an outside balcony which wraps around most of the area.

I would think this was probably one of the best views in the city. A great place to enjoy a lovely continental breakfast or evening h'orderves and drinks etc. We also used the facility at times throughout the day and enjoyed a cold drink or cappuccino after returning from a morning or afternoon out touring the sites.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,

The Intercontinental looks lovely, although their website could use a few more photos. I think our pennies will go a lot further at the Intercontinental than the Four Seasons !

I love the idea of the Club Room, thanks

Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:41 PM
DJE

Milliemoo,

I don't think you will be disappointed with the hotel. We certainly enjoyed our 5 night stay there and were fortunate to have had great service from all the staff we dealt with, a comfortable room and all the wonderful extra amenities with the Club Floor program. It's also in an excellent location.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your advise.

We've decided to go for a Club Grand Harbour View for our 5 nights.

Thanks again