Auckland Hotel Near Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Auckland for 4 nights, and it was suggested that we stay at the Jet Inn (or Jet Park). Wondering if there are some other reasonably priced hotels near the airport that folks would recommend using? We aren't looking for a luxury hotel but would like to stay somewhere comfortable.

We are also looking for a place to stay in Queenstown for 3 nights. Having a lake view isn't necessary but it would like it to be relatively quiet and comfortable, and having breakfast included would be a plus.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
We stayed at the Centra Hotel near the Auckland Airport during an overnight layover - it was fine, but not set up particularly well for transit passengers. For a four night stay, I think I'd opt for something closer to the city though.

Funny you mention quiet for Queenstown...we've had trouble finding quiet accommodation in the past (away from the street noise), but we had success with Villa De Lago (condo-like apartments, some with lake views), and Bella Visita Motel, which is near the gondola, but within walking distance to town.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Hi Sapphire

Sorry, this post has nothing to do with New Zeleand, would you be able to email me Salaash Ole Morompi contact details. I am going to Masai Mara in December and I am thinking of asking him if he could me our guide.

Can you please email me on [email protected]
Many Thanks
Ela
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Try Airport Lodge Motel aka Auckland Airport Lodge. My sister stays in the Motel part, the old part, and pays $99 for the night in a plain but largish studio.

http://www.aucklandairportlodge.co.nz/accommodation.htm

This website looks at hotels near the airport too.
http://www.check-in.co.nz/Hotels/Sub...FQPabgodJzz5Hg
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM

Hi Sapphire,

I just read about the average prices for booking hotels in Auckland (2 adult / one night) and it was a good surprise for me. I can't be sure but it's a good start. I think that you can find easily a 3 stars hotel that costs between 35$ and 70-80$ a night for 2 people.
<a href="http://hotelsinauckland.org/">Hotels In Auckland</a>
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

@Ela1981 - Sorry I didn't see your request for info relating to Kenya until just now. We were in New Zealand and Australia in April and have been very busy since then. I'd be happy to send you more information if it would still be helpful to you.

Sapphire