Anyone stayed @ Four Points-Darling Harbor Sydney?

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone stayed @ Four Points-Darling Harbor Sydney?

I plan on using my Starpoints for my stay in Sydney and the Sheraton Four Points at Darling Harbor looks like a great deal. Has anyone stayed there and is is relatively convenient? We will be in Sydney for 5 days and 6 nights.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
pat

Yes, stayed there and we loved it. Very nice hotel. Easy to get around. Close to the ferry system and close enough to the rocks that getting there is easy. Also, practically next door to the aquarium. I`m not much of an aquarium person, but was very impressed, so don`t miss it. Also, practically next door to the Maritime museum Be sure and get a room with a view of the bay, it was awesome at night! There are plenty of places to eat and shops to look at too. Have fun!
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 01:01 PM

It might not be worth using points. You can get some really good rates,like 79 usd.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 12:36 PM

We stayed there in Oct 2002 with points....they were the LOWEST points level per night around 2K.

I thought it was well worth using them.

Good location, nice decor --simple neutral color scheme with pretty black and white photos from a local artist on the walls...do your best to get a Harbor View Room.

I preferred the Rocks area compared to Darling but it was still easy to get to/from. AND FREE is always GOOD!

My husband and I really enjoyed the aquarium as well....the platypus was GREAT!!!!

BUT if you can snag an $80/night deal there....that might be the way to go and save the pts for a more expensive location.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Yes it was a good place to stay, and very cheap considering it is more of a business type of hotel. Darling harbor is right around the corner and we enjoyed the walk to The Rocks area. also , dining around darling harbor very easy to get to staying there. I prefer NICK's resturant if you want a nice dinner.