Bar Harbour/places to stay

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bar Harbour/places to stay

My husband and I will be arriving in Bar Harbour 2nd week in October. Don't have any idea of where to start with respect to hotels/B & B's/Motels.
Would like to keep price to under around $150ish a night, but still want clean, comfortable and convenient. Anyone have any suggestions. We will be doing a 4 week trip up the coast and will probably have plenty of opportunities for both B&B's and hotel type accomdations, so not particularly bent one way or the other in that respect...would appreciate any input... Thanks..
Also, can anyone tell me about how long it will take us to get from that area to St. Stephens New Brunswick?
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Bethie,
I have been going to Bar Harbor every autumn for the last few years. I have stayed at the same place four years in a row. The name of the place is Acadia Suites. You can check out their web site at www.acadiasuites.com We have stayed in the one bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom. In October the rates are lower than the summer and they will rent a room to you for just the amount of days you need--you don't have to book a weekly stay like you would in the summer.It is only a short (10 minute) walk into town --and you are near Acadia National Park --which is the whole reason to be there in the first place. The rooms are clean and bright --with a fully appointed kitchen to make your own breakfast if you want. We feel really at home when we are there. You are away from the hustle and bustle of the town of Bar Harbor --yet you can get there in a minute. If you need some good advice on a visit to Bar Harbor and Acadia check out the web site --www.acadiamagic.com (lots of good links there). Also, if you like Mexican food--check out Miguel's Restaurant on Roddick St. --its relatively inexpensive and terrific.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM

We went to Bar Harbor last July and stayed at the Atlantic Eeyrie lodge (http://www.atlanticeyrielodge.com). We got a AAA rate around $125 if I remember correctly and had a room on the top (4th) floor. It was a clean comfortable place and the majority of their rooms have a balcony with a view of Frenchman's Bay. Not a luxury property but in addition to clean room with a view there was pool and continental breakfast. We used the free shuttle to back / forth into Bar Harbor for dining, shopping and sightseeing as it was easier than trying to find parking in town. LOVED Acadia Nat'l Park. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM

In 2004 we stayed two days in Bar Harbor we had a special arrangement at the Bar Harbor Manor 47 Holland ave.It's a great place with a gas open fire and walking distance to the harbor. The deal included a lobster dinner and whale watching expedition.The price fr us two wa 363 $ for two nights.
I checked Yahoo maps and they dont seem to know St Stevens. They only give a distance of 187,8 miles and a driving tome of 5 hours and 13 min. from Bar Harbor to the centre of New Brunswick. Paul
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 02:42 AM

Bethie, my husband and I visited Bar Harbor in Oct 2004 and stayed at the Manor House Inn which was just beautiful! Great location, within your price range and very tasteful.
Website:www.barharbormanorhouse.com we had the room at the top I think, can't remember the number. We were talking to our friends only last month (also Aussies) and coincidentally they had stayed there also and thought it was great. Bar Harbor was beautiful, enjoy!
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much guys. That is a big help...I will check it out. Let you know how it goes.
Beth