air pass??

Aug 16th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

air pass??

Does anyone know of an air pass I can get for travel within Australia? I met someone recently who told me about one, and I wrote the info on the only thing I had available at the time - a tiny scrap of paper which I, of course, can't find now.

If not, any advice on the best/cheapest way to travel several places? I want to fly in from Japan and go to Cairns, Uluru, Hervey Bay, Melbourne and Sydney - though not necessarily in that order. Time is not a problem, though I don't enjoy really long bus or train rides.

Thanks.
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Could they have been speaking of the Qantas Aussie Airpass? Where you buy the flight into Australia, then several domestic flights within Australia as a package ticket. The price gets based on the zones within Australia, and often is less expensive than buying all separeately.
Aug 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Hi

Not familiar with the pass, it may only be sold offshore in conjunction with a Qantas international ticket.

There are some great sales happening right now - have a look at the websites of Qantas, Virginblue and Jetstar. Also sign up to their websites and you will be emailed any information on new sales.

Flightcentre (www.flightcentre.com.au) which is Australia's largest travel agency, is also having a 25th anniversary sale right now.
Aug 16th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Yes, they were probably referring to the Qantas Aussie Airpass which appears to be available from Japan. We used it a couple of years ago to fly from the States and it included 3 domestic flights within Australia. The price does depend on which region(s) you plan to visit, but we found it to be an easy and economical way for us to travel. Check the Qantas website for more info.
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the Quantas pass. BTY, I found the little scrap of paper - the pass was with REX for unlimited travel within NSW for 1 month. It looks good, but doesn't help me as I won't be going to many places in NSW.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM

FYI It's QANTAS (no U).