Boomerang Pass

Feb 5th, 2003, 07:36 PM
JL
Original Poster

Boomerang Pass

I have been hearing about this Boomerang Pass. How does it work and should I get this before I leave the States. Thanks.
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:42 PM

you can find all the info in Qantas.com website, but i dont think you have to purchase it before entering Australia. Basically you have to buy 2 to 10 flights and you get discounts, depending on where you fly (there are different zones and if you want to do a cross-zonw journey, then it is more expensive).
Was thinking of getting it myself, but unless you do really long trips, i suggest you have a look at Virginblue.com, their fares (especially midweek) can be really cheap. good luck
Feb 5th, 2003, 11:32 PM

Hi

I think you might have to purchase it before you leave, I know you can only get it if you are not Australian. I've looked into this option for my trip and think it's just cheaper to book online with Qantas. If you wait for a sale, you can get flights from Aus$79. Do compare some routes with Virgin Blue though, but they don't fly to half as many places as Q.

Good luck
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:08 AM
LN

We used the boomerang pass last year during our visit. We had to book in advance and it did offer much cheaper fares at that time. There was another fare available "One World/ One Pass" I think but, for us, the Boomerang was the most reasonable. We used it from Sydney to Hobart, on to Melbourne, on to Uluru, on to Cairns, and to Christchurch and back. It is by zones and you should be able to get all the info you'll need from the Qantas North America site. Then compare the prices to VirginBlue.com's fares.

In addition, you might want to look at United Air's sale to Australia right now. They're offering $1172. round trip from LA to Syd. just got the message from the Australian travel board.

Have a great trip - you'll love it.
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:26 AM

You will have to buy at least two flights before you depart, but once in Aus you can make changes and buy additional flights if you desire. I used the Boomerang Pass in 2000, and was very pleased with it.