Accomodation questions

Nov 12th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Accomodation questions

Has anyone stayed at the Manly Paradise (Beach Terrace) Apartments in Manly; the Sheraton Mirage in Gold Coast; Fur'n Feathers tree houses in Atherton Highlands; or the Mandalay/Shalimar or Beaches Port Douglas Apartments in Port Douglas? Also, does anyone have any tips about Ku-Ring-Gai Natl Park, esp. boating. We are a family of four (two teenagers) travelling in June 2006.
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Not exactly, but family of 5, inc. 3 teenagers, stayed at Archipelego Studio Apartments in Port Douglas. [email protected]
This was a terrific place a step or two from Four Mile beach. We had the veranda 2-level apartment suite. Husband and I had private upstairs bedroom and downstairs were sleeping couches, dining room and full kitchen. Also had long veranda/porch with nice "rainforest/tropical view. They have a Seaview 2-room apartment but it was not available. The Archipelago was far enough from the noise of the main drag but within walking distance of it, and all the liveliness it offered. We'd rented a car and drove from Cairnes, but in retrospect, car was not necessary. Also recommend the Quicksilver for going to the barrier reefs. Hope this helps.
Nov 12th, 2005, 04:43 PM

As one who goes to manly quite often I would suggest that the manly paradise apartments are about as good as you are going to do in beach side apartments in manly.if you want to quibble the beachside road is sometimes noisy and they are a few hundred metre walk from the ferry wharf.

I happen to be looking out at kuringai national park as i write this.We have a sailing boat on Pittwater.Pittwater/broken bay.cowan creek and the Hawkesbury are excellent for boating...Refuge bay,jerusalem bay..wonderful spots..mid week in june there will only be a few boats moored in these spots.Probably too cold for swimming however.

What are u interested in? u can hire houseboats ex brooklyn or cruisers or sailing boats from a range of places in the hawkesbury or pittwater.
Nov 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. We will probably
just go up to Ku-ring-gai for the day from Manly, and rent a boat for the day. Any particular advantage to going to Bobbin Head as opposed to Akuna Bay? (For example, travel time from Manly, scenery, boat availability, etc.) Thanks.
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM

I am a little biased but Pittwater would be my choice for a day trip from manly.

I also find it a little hard to justify a larger boat hire for one day...drive to Palm Beach and take the ferry to the Basin for a bbq/picnic..walk up to the aboriginal "emgravings", feed the swamp dragon lizard and the kookas..it is a good intro to pittwater and the kuringai park.

Have dinner at the newport arms hotel on the way back.

there is a charter place at the marina we use at the southern end of Pittwater..they are good if you are insistent on hiring a boat.Send me an e mail if you want to know more.