Search

60th celebration in sydney

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2008, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60th celebration in sydney

Any suggestions for fun in sydney for our 60ths-interesting restaurant, boat trip, anything arty happening, any good bands/shows last 2 weeks may???
much appreciate all great help on here. We tend to travel on the cheap but splash out if special!!
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Bevzy,
Here's a start www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn

Are you locals?
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Original Poster

No we are in south west of WA and friend coming from NZ. By the way how to find cheap flights from Perth to Sydney on line???
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 02:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Bevz,
Virgin has a daily "happy hour" noon - 1pm AEST www.virginblue.com.au
Also check www.qantas.com.au
for specials.

There's always something on here; the "What's On" link will give you an idea.

Shows/Bands really depend on your taste.
Have a look at www.ticketek.com.au
www.lastminute.com.au might be useful, too.

Old Apr 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

thanks all-any more ideas please
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM

You could try jetstar for cheap flights from Perth to sydney
www.jetstar.com.au

Ripples at Chowder Bay in Mosman is an amazing place for a meal if you are going for a special occasion. www.ripplescafe.com.au

I've been to a few places in Sydney but nothing took my breath away as much as Ripples in Chowder Bay. It can be a little tricky to get to, but it is well worth it. The food and location are gooooooood.

The same people have a cafe at Milsons Point with stunning views of the Harbour Bridge, but I prefer Chowder Bay. It'll be worth splashing out on this one.

For info on things to do in Sydney, you might find www.cityhobo.com interesting. It not only suggests places to go to, but tells you how you can get there with public transport.

If you plan on using public transport a lot while you are in Sydney, you can buy a weekly travel ticket. Just work out how far you want to go and then buy the appropriate ticket. The sellers should be able to tell you which ticket is best. For example, if you want to visit Manly by ferry, you'll need to get the blue weekly ticket. It's about $43 a week full fare, and much less if you are after a concession ticket. It'll give you access to all trains, buses and ferries in Sydney and the surrounding suburbs including Manly.

Try www.cityrail.info or www.sydneyferries.info for more infomraiton. Otherwise the cityhobo site can help out on that front too.

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Original Poster

thank you markop-but jetstar only seem to fly to melbourne. Other info great.
Any more ideas very welcome!!!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Back again-have booked Ripples Milson Point for night before my 60th as my friend leaving next day. Now I need another great idea for restaurant in Sydney for birthday night!!!! Meeting friends so prefer not too expensive-have been searching on here-they may stay city and us at north sydney views hotel those nights.
Dont mind which area-like interesting rather than posh! Something memorable or just good food and atmosphere.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM

I'm thinking water views for your 60th so here's a couple of suggestions: Malaya at Lime St Cockle Bay, it has a great view of the Harbour and it's excellent Malaysian about mid-ranged in price.

More expensive with water glimpses is Ottoman (great Turkish, is owned by the Canberra mob). It's at the beginning of the wharf at Dawes Pt.

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:21 PM

I'll suggest my usual favourite - Seans Panaroma at North Bondi. Location with views (even better if they'd bomb North Bondi Surf Club!), great food, good atmosphere
Usually my preferred restaurant for birthday celebrations, although this year (last week) visited aquadining - just above Ripples at Milsons Point, and owned by the same crowd. It was magnificent.