Sky Diving in Sydney

Old Dec 19th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Diving in Sydney

My husband will be celebrating his 45th bday while we are touring Feb/Mar 07 in Australia. I'd like to surprise him with a much wished for sky dive. Any suggestions for a sky diving company in Sydney? Thanks!
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM

I have no personal experience in this - and can't imagine why anyone would be interested, BUT:
this company offers trips from central Sydney - the skydiving place is about an hour out of the city and they ofer transport - otherwise you'd have to drive.http://www.sydneyskydivers.com.au/

You can go parasailing on Sydney Harbour - which may be less of a time commitment, but less exhilarating also. Some options here: http://www.sydney.com.au/red_balloon_events.htm
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:17 AM

From Sydney I just get the image of hand gliding rather than skydiving. Namely from above Stanwell Park in the south.

If you think it would be also exciting present for him give it some thought.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Margo Oz...I was able to connect w/ sydneyskydivers and this seems perfect for me. P.S. I'm staying firmly on the ground!
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 11:08 PM

This site also also has some good places to skydive in Australia www.getarush.com.au
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:29 AM

Boy, your husband will love this present! We surprised our daughter with a tandem skydive jump for her high school graduation present (in the States) and she didn't stop smiling for a week!
If they have the option of a videographer, I highly recommend it. My daughter now has a DVD of her jump and a disk full of photos of her mid-air.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:37 AM

This is a really great experience isn't it. I took a skydive near Wollongong over the beach it was truly amazing. There a bunch of great <a href="http://www.skydiving-sydney.com.au">Sky dives around Sydney</a> here as well. I'm definately going to be doing this again. Next ones at Camden i think...