Search

What part of Krabi?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What part of Krabi?

What part of Krabi would you stay in?

We don't need any night life...just clean accomodations, friendly/accomodating staff, nice beaches and good location for snorkeling etc.

Thanks!!
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:08 AM
CFW

If you want a quiet secluded resort with gorgeous beach, clear water and great swimming, beautiful infinity pool, lucious tropical landscaping, lovely accommodations, a fabulous spa, and warm and wonderful staff, look at the Pimalai. It is low-key luxury. We loved it.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:54 AM

Ao Nang is busiest area, wide choice of places to stay, but this is not really a beach place, you take long tails to the beaches, another option is to stay at Railey Beach. Try Beachsiam.com, lots of pics and maps for where places are plus you can check out reviews.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM

Pimalai is good but a bit $$$. The SriLanta is just up the road and a bit more designerish??!(is that a word?)
If you do go...dont take a boat to Koh Lanta...hire a driver at the airport...cheap enough and stress free. Although it is an island there are two car ferry things to go across on(approx 300m crossings).
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM

One of my favorite places in the world is Railay Beach, that's where I'd go.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:15 PM

We were extremely disappointed with Railay in mid Dec 2004. The beach was dirty and full of day-trippers and the place is nowhere near as lovely as it was. I would suggest MaeNam or Choeng Mon on Koh Samui are two of the nicest beaches in Thailand.

If your heart is set on Railay, I would chose Had Phra Nang over Railay West's beach-you walk through the Railay Bay resort to East Railay and go via a walkway to Had
Phra Nang. It takes about 15 minutes but the beach is far nicer than Railay West. Much of the accommodation on Railay is in need of updates. Ao Nang's beach isn't marvellous but it has the best accommodation choices. Good luck.