best beach on koh samui?

Search

best beach on koh samui?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best beach on koh samui?

Hi. I am planning a short vacation at Koh samui in early July with wife and two kids (6 and 4).Need suggestions for finalizing the resort. Preference is for a beach which is less crowded, has clear water and sand. Budget is flexible. However the quality of the beach is a more serious consideration than the resort itself.
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM

Samui only have one beach with fine white sands but it's quite crowded. All the other beaches are either rocky or "muddy". No crystal clear water either and I'm figuring you have not done any research at all.
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM

hanuman... gotta disagree. There is a small gorgeous sand beach, with water clear and shallow and calm. Great for walking out into the water to the giant boulders a little ways out. It is called Jubilee Beach. It is between Chaweng and Lamai. It is a small and mostly private beach. A nice resort (Crystal Bay Resort) is located on that beach. But, this resort does not have a pool. Rooms there are really nice, and very reasonable. You would want to rent motorbikes or jeep or car for getting around, as the place is a little isolated (but just a short walk to The Cliff Restaurant/Bar).
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM

Never heard of it before Carol but it sounds like a great find!
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM

Carol,

Is this the same place?: http://crystal-bay-resort.th66.com/

I think the beach is call "Thongtakian" not Jubilee and it's sort of in between Chaweng and Lamai beach. Looks nice!
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM

Yep! That's the place. Brad has stayed there a number of times. I want to stay there my next trip to Samui. It's really nice, and very reasonable. The "best" room in the house has a huge terrace all its own. That's the room I want!!
Carol

(wonder when they changed the name of the beach???)
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM

The Crystal Bay Resort used to be called the Jubilee Beach Resort. Maybe I assumed that it was named after that little beach... oooops!
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

I am really thankful for your suggestion. The beach looks great. Amazingly, the resort prices are well below my budgeted range, so thats a bonus. I opted for Samui as it seemed to be the best bet for early July. Can you suggest any better alternatives?
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM

umar
Great choice! I think you will enjoy Crystal Bay a lot. The beach is really fantastic. BUT, remember that you will want to rent a vehicle to get around as you are not in a beach "town" with shopping and dining right outside the door. Also, there is no pool at the resort. But you can't beat swimming and wading in that beautiful sea water!
Enjoy Samui!