Transit in BKK

Dec 1st, 2018, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Transit in BKK

We have a three flight trip on Finnair with the last flight being a domestic from BKK to Krabi ( operated by Bangkok Air.)
The layover in BKK is short 1 hour 15.
Will we need to recover our baggage in BKK( arriving from Finland- whole journey on one ticket). Will we need to immigrate? Will we do that in one hour 15?
Thanks
Dec 2nd, 2018, 01:01 AM

The whole journey on one ticket, you should be alright. They wouldn't sell you the ticket if it wasn't a doable journey, but if your flight into BKK is delayed you could get bumped onto the next flight.
Dec 2nd, 2018, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. What about the recovering of luggage? Will we have to reclaim this as BKK is our entry point into Thailand?
Dec 2nd, 2018, 09:06 PM

I think luggage can be checked thru to krabi

have fun
Dec 3rd, 2018, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

I managed to speak to Finnair this morning. Whereas they tried to be comforting they told me that they couldn't guarantee that our luggage would be checked through because our final flight was on Bangkok Air and this would only be confirmed when we checked in that morning.
I asked what would happen if we missed the connection in Bangkok and they said that as we were incoming on Finnair they would rebook us on another flight.
I asked what would happen if we should be recovering our baggage but were delayed coming in and decided to run for the connection. I don't know the answer to this. Would our luggage follow on another flight or would it languish forever in Bangkok ?
Dec 3rd, 2018, 12:28 PM

You'd solve the whole issue if you travel carry-on only. Then there's no angst about if you have to collect it, or of it will make your next flight, or anything.
Dec 3rd, 2018, 03:14 PM

I entirely agree with janisjre travelling with carry on only. We gave up checking bags 10 years ago and have saved countless hours at airports depositing and collecting bags and also all the stress of wondering whether our bags will get there or not or whether the contents will have been pilfered by groundstaff.

If you arrive at Helsinki airport and find out that you have to reclaim your bags in BKK, do you really want to really want to spend the whole flight worrying about Whether 1 hour 15 min transit in BKK is enough to make your ongoing flight? Even if your bags are checked through, a switch of airline is where it is most likely to go wrong.

Seriously, have a think about what you actually used on your last vacation or more importantly, what you didn’t use. You may be surprised and find that travelling with carry on is not so difficult.
Dec 5th, 2018, 12:32 AM

Like ^^^^^.

Search this Thread