Search

quick trip into Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick trip into Bangkok

Hello everyone
I am travelling to Siem Reap and Southern Thailand in April - and I'm counting down the days (driving all my friends and family mad). I was hoping somebody might be able to help me with a quick question.

On our last day we fly into BKK airport from Krabi at 4pm. Our flight to London doesn't leave until 1.10am. Both flights are with Thai Airways. Do you think the luggage will be checked straight through at Krabi? Have we got time to go into Bangkok for dinner?

One more question - our flight to Siem Reap is with Bangkok Airways. We fly into BKK on Thai Airways, then fly straight to Siem Reap with Bangkok Airways - do you think the luggage will be checked straight through to SR from Heathrow?

Hope somebody can help, this forum has been so useful to me in the past.

Debbie
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:15 AM

In both cases, it should be possible to check your luggage through to your final destination. Just make sure you mention this when you check in for your flight and confirm that the luggage tags have your final destination tags on them.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie

Do you think we'll have time to go into Bangkok for dinner?

Debbie
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM

With 9 hours, you should definitely have time to go into town for dinner, especially since you are arriving on a domestic flight and do not have to clear customs. Do not that coming in at 4 pm will put you in the middle of some pretty bad traffic, but you should still have pleanty of time to go into BKK for a great meal, and maybe even a massage before your long flight home!
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for posting a reply. I thought that the traffic would be bad at that time. Would it be better to be taken to the nearest Skytrain Station (Mo Chit)? I've visited Bangkok twice before, and love it! I've always found the Skytrain really efficient.

I know this is probably a stupid, obvious question, but when getting a taxi back to the airport, would I need to go to International Departures? If my luggage is checked through from Krabi, and i'm given a boarding pass, do I go straight to the departures hall, rather than queueing up at the Thai Air Desk?

Hope you can help.

Debbie