Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Transfer Time at Tokyo Narita for Flight to Hiroshima?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I arrive at 4pm on a United flight at Narita. How much time would I need to get through passport control and customs to catch a domestic flight from Narita to Hiroshima? There' s an ANA flight at 5:50 pm. Does it seem doable? Does anyone know if the ANA flight will be in the same terminal as my United flight which would be arriving from the U.S.?
Any info you have on the transfer from one flight to the other would be great. Thanks!
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 05:41 AM

You have plenty of time, unless of course your United flight is significantly late. I don't recall any time that it has taken more than 30-45 mins to get through immigration and customs. United and ANA are both in Terminal 1 at Narita.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM

We just did a JAL to ANA flight to Komatsu. Check-in is easy. The only hang-up we had was baggage. If you are bringing in 2 bags on UA your connecting ANA only allows you one domestic and our hand carry luggage was too large for the overhead and had to be checked. Fortunate for us we takkuben the rest.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. After getting your bags in customs, how and where did you check them in for the next flight? I am assuming you did not have to leave the terminal and come back in through the typical check in counters in front of terminal. Is there some easier way?
And does anyone know how much time before the domestic Japanese flight you are supposed to check in by?
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Check-in should not be an issue, because you would check in for your ANA flight when you check n for your United flight. The previous poster would not have been able to do that. Also, the previous poster would have had to change terminals, and you (Paolo59) would not need to change terminals. In short, melen's experience is almost totally irrelevant to the situation that Paolo59 proposes.

The Japanese are astonishingly efficient. If they say that you can make the connection, you can make the connection.