Tickets for Calypso,Siam Niramit

Aug 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Tickets for Calypso,Siam Niramit

What is the best way to buy tickets for Calypso Show at Asia Hotel and Siam Niramit. There are only 2 of us. So can I buy tickets the day of the show-or what. Should I buy online. I've read about oriental escape for Niramit show (1000 Bht) has anyone done that and did you have to use your credit card. Also, Joe Louis Puppet Show. Can I just go at 6p.m. the day of the show to get tickets. I will be going in November-is that a busy time. thanks. Alana
Aug 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Yes, Alana, you may go directly to the show locations to purchase tickets.

When I was in Bangkok this past spring, I had booked both shows through my hotel tour desk. It was when my driver brought me to the shows that I saw independent travelers purchasing their tickets directly at the box office. I presumed that I paid extra, compared to the box office price.

By the way, both shows are delightful! Enjoy!!
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM

i bought my calaypso tickets on line from their site....that way you get to choose your seats and you just pick the tickets up at their box office....we choose front row center which was perfect...one of the "girls" sat in my lap and gave me a huge kiss...
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

I will be in Bangkok Nov. 12th and there is a festival happening Loi Kratlong. Do you think the shows will be booked solid because of festival. If I book online with Calypso do I pay with my credit card online or pay when I get to the box office.Has anyone booked with Oriental Escape online for Siam Niramit if so, did you pay with credit card or just bring a receipt and pay at the box office. Thanks. Alana
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:36 AM

Lucky you, you'll be in Bangkok for Loy Krathong! Loy Krathong is a religious festival. Thais celebrate it at home, they don't come to Bangkok to celebrate it. It should not impact the booking of any of these shows.

I do hope you are staying on the river so you can see people sailing their krathongs on the water and see the wonderful fireworks!

Unfortunately, we're going to miss Loy Krathong this year. We've been in Bangkok the last few years during Loy Krathong.
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Go ahead and make reservations for Calypso Cabaret on their web site:
www.calypsocabaret.com.

You pick your date and show time (skip the dinner option) and pick your seats- and you do not have to give them your credit card- just pay for the tickets when you get there- preferably a few days ahead of time. Its easy, safe, no risk and they send you a confirmation!
I have used Oriental Escapes for our show reservations when we were in Pattaya this year and they were fine. They picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel and we were given very good seats (VIP option) at both the Tiffinay (ladyboy show) and Alangkarn (cultural show)_ both are not to be missed if in Pattaya.
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:23 PM

bill is one of the ladyboys so he knows all the ins and outs...
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:01 AM

Bob will deny it - but he was a ladyboy in a past life and he has been re-incarnated into Bangkok Bob- who refuses to attend these shows in fear he would be overcome with an impulse to rush up on stage and dance with the pros!
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM

bill, you said you wouldn't tell....at least i have sense enough not to wear a speedo
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM

Bob- its only because Speedo sends you a check each month to ensure you keep your word never to wear their attire in public, or for that matter in private in deference to Karen!
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:25 PM

Alana, I suggest you pursue the Oriental Escape option as it can save you quite a bit vs having concierge take care of it. We were in transit & I missed out that I had not made the reservation. The day we got back to BKK was the last day we were in town we could not get tix online as they require that you buy tix at least a day before. Since there were 5 of us, it was quite a bit more to get the tix at the till. SKIP the dinner though. It was the worst dinner we had while in Thailand.