Thai beaches or Langkawi/Penang in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give advice of the pros/cons between Krabi-PhiPhi/Langkawi-Penang for about 5 days sometime during the first two weeks of August with teenage kids. Weather/safety high on priority list. Thanks.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 05:53 PM

i would not consider safety an issue in any of the places you list...langkawi is nice but not a fabulous beach place...i have not been to the others, but have been to hua hin and koh samui and they are normal beach places...not fabulous
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:14 PM

If you are looking at August with teenagers then Koh Samui would be your best choice, weather should be fine and there will be lots to do. Langkawi is very very quiet indeed and although a beautiful island it is not a lively fun vacation destination, Penang really only has Batu Ferringhi for beaches and again, it will not be a lively place. On Samui you will find lots to do and there are plenty of excursions and trips to enjoy. Krabi/Phuket area would be peak Monsoon time.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:17 PM

All those places are quite safe. If you read back to 'rhkkmk' report you can read lots oabout Koh Samui.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:30 AM

just got back from Penang. duing a visa run. I've been too Georgtown twice but this time a actually found the charm everyone talks about. it's actually a pritty nice town too walk around in and do some exploring. but drop dead boring at night. but it seems some upscale clubs have openeed up since my last visit.

for the kids samui is the joint. so is krabi. well thats what get threw the grapevine.