Singapore Airport Question

Jan 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
cwn
Original Poster

Singapore Airport Question

Hi,

I will be going through Singapore soon. Fly in at 10:45pm on Thai Air from Bangkok and fly out at 2:15am on Singapore Air to Africa. So I have a ~31/2 hour layover.

Will be Business Class on both flights and will have a wheelchair assist waiting.

My problem is, I take hydrocodine for a painful condition. Have Doctor's prescription in labeled medince bottle. Will I have a problem with this or any other meds? Is there anything I need to carry with me?

Thanks
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM

Singapore is pretty strict when it comes to illicit drugs, but if you have a prescription there shouldn't be a problem. It probably won't even be noticed.

As at US airports, you need to have your liquids, aerosols and gels in a clear 1 liter bag that you can take out of your bag at security screenings.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:50 AM

You'll be in transit, so Customs won't even be an issue.

I've been to and through SIN many times; the last of which I was in the process of moving, and I had my entire arsenal of RX drugs in my carry on. It wasn't a problem. In fact, they pushed them aside to look at my jewelry, as there was quite of bit of that too.

On my last few trips through SIN, they didn't even check for liquids.

Don't worry, sounds like you're well prepared.

If you're really concerned, suggest you e-mail the Changi Airport - I've had good luck getting responses from them for a variety of questions.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:39 AM

You should be able to use Singapore Air's lovely Biz Class lounge during your layover. You will be well-pampered.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
cwn
Original Poster

Thanks Everyone!

I wasn't worried until our original flight non-stop BKK-JNB was canceled and we were re-routed through Singapore last week

We leave next Fri. Didn't know how much security we would have to go through since we were in transit.

Happy New Year!
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM

Yes, you should be fine. Happy Travels!
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM

Your flight should arrive at T1 if Thai and your onward JNB flights should also depart from T2 on SQ.
There is a small train between the 2 and it only takea a couple of minutes.

With wheelchair assist you should zoom through no worries. You go through secturity at T2 at the specific gate for your flight but should be very speedy as very efficient.

SQ have many flights from the new T3 but I believe JNB and CPT go from T2.
I in fact prefer T2 as security is done at the specific gate which goes quite fast, at T3 they bunch flights together for various gates.
As others have said Singapore Airport is excellent and since openeing of the new T3 you will find T2 relatively quiet at that time.

A few months back going via SIN to Brisbane on SQ we took care with the small size toothpaste etc etc in plastic bag etc but they did not seem that concerned.
It's efficient but very fast !
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM

Make sure you try some Kaya Toast whin in the Singapore airport. It's delicious.