Singapore

May 12th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Singapore

We are travelling to Thailand and Singapore in August with our teenage children. We have three nights in Singapore. Where is the best area to stay? Any suggestions as to where to stay that won't break the bank?
May 12th, 2018, 09:33 AM

What’s your budget and how many children?
May 12th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

2 children £150 pn max
May 12th, 2018, 10:15 AM

I've stayed at the Inn at Temple Street several times, your teens will, I'm sure, love the neighborhood, the people who work there are kind and it's very well priced for Singapore. The Inn At Temple Street in Singapore - Book a hotel Chinatown
May 12th, 2018, 10:43 AM

I checked on booking.com by plugging in 3 nights Aug. 6-8 and filtered for your budget and found lots of options, some in the Orchard area and others in the marina are either of which I would be ok with. Singapore isn't that big so if you get a place near a train you should be fine I think. I would avoid little India but looks like you can. Good luck! we loved Singapore. If I won like 50 mil. in the lotto and could figure out a way to reduce its annual temp yt say 15 degrees I would move there. .
May 12th, 2018, 05:18 PM

I''d go back to Little India any time when in S'pore. Thought the PERAK hotel perfect for me, and near 3 MRT stations, loads of interesting and tasty restaurants, lovely and colorful temples, mangoes from India lined up on vendor's tray...way better than marching thru cookie-cutter mass merchandise malls and western fast foods along Orchard Rd.
May 13th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. I will take a look
May 13th, 2018, 07:24 AM

To each their own. When we went to Little India from our hotel in the marina area I felt like I left beautiful Singapore and entered trashy urban squalor. Orchard Rd. has far more eating options that fast food and is far more pleasing to the eye. Chinatown is a good option too. Let the OP decide.

Last edited by jacketwatch; May 13th, 2018 at 07:36 AM.
May 13th, 2018, 08:24 AM

I've stayed at the Inn on Temple Street, and at the Ibis on Bencoolen. Both are fine locations, except you don't want to stay in Chinatown during the new year celebrations! I find Little India rather depressing, although not trashy, it is Singapore after all.
May 13th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Perhaps this will help;
Orchard Road - Everything You Need to Know About Orchard Road
5 BBest Things to Do in Little India Singapore - Best Attractions in Little India
Celebrating the old and new
As for food Singapore has food courts or hawker centers which have lots of delicious food at reasonable prices. Earlier this year two restaurants in these centers were awarded Michelin stars, a first.

Last edited by jacketwatch; May 13th, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

Search this Thread