Siem Reap

Sep 21st, 2003, 11:41 PM
Original Poster

Siem Reap

Anyone stayed at the Red Piano Guesthouse or Bakong Guest House?
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:43 AM

i have only eaten at red piano/...there have been numerous comments about it here, so do a search and it will come up....

meal was very good...charming laid back place....understand that rooms have recently been redone and that they are air conditioned....

great location--right in town
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

lots of info in regards to food at the Red piano, little on Lodging... anyone stayed at Bakong Guest House?
Sep 24th, 2003, 06:08 PM

there was a post about a month ago about the rooms, especially about whether they had a/c or not...they do according to the poster...the restaurant is non-a/c, but has large fans overhead which is adequate, even for lunch
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:44 AM

Hi, We stayed at the Red Piano in August. It was fine - not fancy but clean and okay. We had an outside room - that is it opened onto a shared balcony but as it was the last of the rooms nobody was walking past. A reasonable large double bed, small desk and chair, wardrobe and another small cupboard. TV, fridge and air conditioning. The bathroom was very clean with a bath with a shower in it - although even with the shower curtain pulled water still tends to go every where. Plenty of hot water all the time. It was only $26US so for that was good. Geert the owner is very nice and helpful and the bar/restaurant is good. Considering the time you tend to spend out at the temples - I'd stay again - usually I'm looking for a bit more luxury! Another Aussie couple were there at the same time and were also quite content. I don't think I would want to stay in one of the inside rooms as they have no window - just something I wouldn't like. Excellent location near the old market and close to other restaurants and the river.

Check out the website - I choose and got the room of my choice. www.asianexp.net/cambodia/piano.html

Search this Thread