Info about 'La Maison D Angkor' hotel

Nov 8th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

Info about 'La Maison D Angkor' hotel

hi there,
after trawling through countless travel books, web-sites, this forum and others, am still left a little confused about accomodation in Siem Reap. Feel like its almost a full time job just organising holiday
anyway, have come across a hotel which looks quite nice 'La Maison D Angkor hotel'. Cant seem to find mention of it on this site. was wondering if anybody had stayed there, or heard good/bad things about it,
others on the list are:

Day Inn Angkor
Borann L'Auberge
Auberge Mont Royal
FCC Angkor

thanks,
Carly
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:37 AM

I don't know that hotel, but the FCC Angkor has gotten excellent reviews on this site. Check some of the hotel siites (like asiahotels.com) for reviews as well.
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM

I stayed at Borann L'Auberge and thought it was the perfect place in that price range, around $40. Friendly, small, good location, and a beautiful pool and garden.
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

thanks kathie and mealea,

always good to get that sort of feedback
Am in the process of booking FCC as a little new years treat!

Still need somewhere to stay before that for three nights, so will take advice on the Borann L'Auberge. Any specific room i should ask for? Oh and is it convenient in terms of location - i.e. close to town?
Cheers,
Carly
Nov 13th, 2005, 08:36 PM

I think Borann has a great location. It's just outside of the main tourist center of Siem Reap, at the northern edge of the town. It's nice to come back to a quiet area every day. You can easily walk along the river to the main shops and restaurants in about 15 min. or take a quick tuk tuk ride. There are also some nice local restaurants just near Borann. I'd recommend getting a 2nd floor room, then you'll have more light and a better view of the nice garden. I went in winter and can tell you that you won't need the air conditioning, It never gets that hot, so you can ask for the cheaper non-air conditioning rate. All the rooms are the same, just depends if you use the air con or not. The fan will be enough. I enjoyed my stay at Borann very much.