Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap bed sizes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to book this hotel for July for myself, husband, and 2 kids(8 & 11). It looks like the hotel has either rooms with 1 double bed rooms or 2 twin beds. I am wondering if the double is a true double or bigger like a queen or king. And are the twin beds really twin or actually full size? I'm trying to decide which would be best for the 4 of us. I was quoted a rate of $45 for an extra bed. Does that sound about right?
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Just stayed there last month in a twin bedded room. Yes, they are standard "twin" size. As for the double, I think they may be more a queen or king size from the looks of the photos on their website. And the suites state they have King size beds.
I'm not certain how you will fit 4 into one room, even with an extra bed (most likely twin sized).
They do offer adjoining rooms however.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM

In nice hotel-speak, a double bed is almost always a Queen size bed.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM

We stayed in a double room with an extra bed. The bed was queen...bigger than our double at home at least. The twin beds are true twins, for one person. 2 extra beds would not fit in a room comfortably imo. One was OK. We paid US$20.00 for the extra bed with breakfast included in that price for our 9 year old and booked directly with the hotel.

For 4 of you, I'd recommend two rooms. A family we met there had interconnecting rooms for their two kids.
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM

for those of you who stayed at this hotel, just curious....do you remember how much you paid? the website says $140 -- that seems high. Also, were the "standard" rooms of a good enough quality? and last, reviews have said it's a 15-minute walk to the restaurant area on Pub St. Would you say this is correct? We want to easily walk to restaurants, markets, etc., but were told it's nice to be a bit out of town. I had been looking at Hotel de la Paix (if we can get a bargain) or Steung because they are right in town but reviewers said they are still quiet.
thanks.
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM

We paid a little more than that for a twin, pool view room last month, but the price included breakfast and taxes and it was high season. I thought the room was quite nice.
You can see pictures and comments about it on my website:
http://www.wired2theworld.com
We used tuk tuks to get to pub street because it seemed like quite a trek after climbing through the temples all day. Tuk tuks were $2 each way, every time.
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM

I don't know if you are wed to the Victoria. We are 4 traveling in June and decided on the FCC -- $100 per night for a twin and $125 per night for a King pool view room. They do have adjoining rooms. Includes breakfast and airport pick up. Those prices do not include VAT and service. Just an FYI.