Reload this Page >

Scrolling topic box

Search

Scrolling topic box

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Jean

Scrolling topic box

Is it just my computer, but I cannot get the scrolling topic box anymore - where you can pick the country of interest, and not have to read all the Asian questions. Help

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Tangata

I was about to ask the same question! I thought it was just me!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Marilyn

Fodors knows about it and they are working on fixing it. There are dozens of threads on this topic on other forums.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Susan

I e-mailed Fodor's about this and as of today haven't received a response from them.<BR>Susan

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:15 AM
helping

Susan -- <BR><BR>They probably don't have time to answer every e-mail on the subject, but they has posted this elsewhere on the site.... <BR><BR>Author: Sandy ([email protected])<BR>Date: 09/10/2002, 10:10 pm<BR>Message: From Fodors.com re search, part 3<BR><BR><BR>Author: Danny Mangin ([email protected])<BR>Date: 09/10/2002, 10:07 pm<BR>Message: <BR>Hello All --<BR><BR>Here’s an update my previous note (copied below) about the re-indexing of the forums and our need to remove the text- and subject-search boxes. The re-indexing of the thousands of threads and posts to Travel Talk since its inception in 1996 has taken a little longer than we expected, but it’s just about complete. <BR><BR>The tech crew has asked to have the rest of this evening to run some tests to make sure everything is running properly before we bring search back online. (They asked so nicely and they’ve been working so hard, it seemed churlish to refuse!) So, if you’ll be so kind as to indulge us until tomorrow morning, we should have the search function operating by then. <BR><BR>Thanks for your patience and for visiting Travel Talk. And, again, our apologies for any inconvenience the re-indexing has caused. <BR><BR>Yours truly,<BR><BR>Danny Mangin<BR>Editorial Director<BR>Fodors.com<BR><BR>P.S.: For those of you who haven’t seen the earlier note, here it is: <BR><BR><BR>Hello All --<BR><BR>Any of you trying to do a search will notice that the text- and subject-search boxes have disappeared. This is only temporary, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We added an extra server this morning and are having a few database-related troubles as a result. We need to re-index the entire forums, which will take until tomorrow. <BR><BR>So that our loyal Travel Talk regulars won’t have to go through withdrawals twice in the same week (we do feel your pain), we’re going to keep Travel Talk running, but without search. You can still read and post, however. <BR><BR>Sorry again for the difficulties. We hope to have the problems cleared up soon.<BR><BR>Yours truly,<BR><BR>Danny Mangin<BR>Editorial Director<BR>Fodors.com<BR><BR><BR>