Sanur Beach, Bali-Hotel

Search

Sanur Beach, Bali-Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sanur Beach, Bali-Hotel

Gpanda and RhkKmk will be invading Sanur Beach in late May 2008. We are open to any suggestions concerning the location of our Headquarters, i.e., a nice hotel. Thanks.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Anything BUT the Inna is probably good. I'd recommend La Taverna, but there's only one big bungalow, which might cause a fight over who gets it. The Gangsa looks quite nice but I don't know anybody who's stayed there.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 05:15 PM

I'm rather fond of the Regency Club at the Bali Hyatt. The Hyatt has beautiful grounds, and the Regency Club makes it a more "boutique" experience than the regular rooms. But there are many small places in Sanur.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Gpanda, unless you're bent on the full 5* experience I can recommend La Taverna, a reco I picked up on this board. (www.latavernahotel.com)

It's centrally located - the main entrance is off the major shopping/eating street, Jalan Danau Tamblingan, and it has beach frontage at the rear. At all times guests were outnumbered by the friendly and helpful staff (we weren't there in the peak July-August season, and of course you won't be either).

You can pay more for flasher rooms, but our 'garden superior' class room, a sort of half-a-cottage arrangement, was perfectly adequate. We paid US$80 + tax & service, say $90 all up, including American-style breakfast. We had no complaints with the restaurant, but there are plenty of places to eat within a 10-minute walk of the hotel - either down the street or along the beachfront promenade. Rooms are set among gardens and winding sandy paths, and ours featured a small covered patio, making for a semi-private, relaxing atmosphere. The pool isn't very big, if that matters. There's a guest PC for internet access, located in an open-air gazebo in the gardens - different.

Have a great visit.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM

michael---what are your feelings about puri santarian?? on an earlier stay karen and i will stay there in sanur...

also any singapore suggestions: hotel?
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM

I think Puri Santarian is right next to La Taverna. That section has one little place after another and they all looked pretty nice from the beach as you're walking along.

In Singapore, as Kathie says, being close to the MRT is an absolute must. Last year I had a club room at the Meritus on Orchard which was really wonderful. The Royal on Scott is good, but I think it's gotten a little pricey for what it is.

On a budget, I usually stay at the Rendezvous or Carlton. The walk is a bit further from a station, but not overly so.

And there's always the Raffles tower / Swisshotel or whatever name they're using this week. I haven't stayed there since it was Westin.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 10:21 AM

thanks