Round the World fares

Search

Round the World fares

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Round the World fares

I'm getting ready to go it alone on a trip around the world. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to do an airfare that allows flexibility? Has anyone tried around-the-world.com or know of any good companies?
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM

All the airline alliances have Round the World air fates (RTW) and there are many combinations.

It depends where you plan to go. It could be North America - Europe - Gulf - Asia - North America, or another could be North America - South Africa - Australia - Pacific - North America, they are multiple choices, so your rough route can dictate best routes.

If you are making a long journey over a period of time make sure you have 'flexibility' on flights, you may want to stay longer or shorter in some places, so flexibility / the ability to change flights I would think is important.
Airlines and alliances such as Star Alliance etc have lots of RTW fares and combinations.

Perhaps start with a local carrier from where you live ( UA / NW / Co whatever....) and see what their websites offer, look out for 'RTW'.
If you can give an idea of rouing many will add their experieces for sure.
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM

Here's something to get you going:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...orld_fare.html
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Recent first hand experience of two RTW trips here. Where are you from and how long can your trip be?

A bit more info and many people on this forum can help.
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Hi - recent experience with Star Alliance Circle Pacific passes.......happy to help if I can

www.flyertalk.com

has helpful forums for the airline alliances.

Old May 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Go to flyertalk.com and go to the section Global Alliances. There are three alliances, each with its own particulars.
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done two RTW trips using AA frequent flyer miles. You have to dig around on their site a bit to find the right section. Also take a look at airtreks.com.
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM

I've done several RTWs -- I'm actually in the middle of one that I started February and will end in September.

I'm unfamiliar w/the web site you mentioned. As mentioned in this thread, you will get enormous amounts of good information in the Golbal Alliances forums of flyertalk.com.

In general, RTW tickets give you lots of flexibility for changing dates and times of flights, but not much flexibility in terms of changing your routing.

Airrafes vary considerably depending on the class of service, the amount of flying that you do, and the country in which you begin your trip. For more info, FlyerTalk is your friend.