HELP.. Is this possible - and how?

Oct 19th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

HELP.. Is this possible - and how?

From LAX to Cairns, Australia (good deal on a repositioning cruise to Hong Kong).. OK.. hard part - from Hong Kong to Bangkok (stay for 5 days) and then back to US. Is there one airline we can use going to OZ and then back to US? Would you fly on it? TU all..
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Janese

I "think" I understand your question. Perhaps you could look at the 2 large Airline Groups and use those i.e. Oneworld and Star Allience Group which will give you a fare similiar to that of the same airline if they are partners.
I don't know who flies from BK to the US but if AA does then you could look at Qantas and a AA fare. From HK to BK I think Qantas still flies that one but Cathay sure would.

Oct 19th, 2003, 05:42 PM
LN

I think Cathay Air goes to all those locations. Check on their internet site.
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:12 PM

I think Cathay,Qantus and American are all in the one-world alliance.

Qantus has a subsidiary airline called australian airlines flying from cairns to various asian destinations.

Certainly qantus and cathay are as good as american.
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you one and all - I think we eliminated the Australia cruise part - too much looking at sea and not enough of anything else- think we have decided on Bangkok for a couple of weeks in February - will definitely look at One World and Star.. Enjoy your travels..
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:31 PM
Janese

Skaye: I just had a look at one of the cruises that go from Cairns to Bangkok and you are going to be in for a wonderful time. You will have at least 5 days of fantastic cruising the Coral sea and GBR which, in my mind, is worth the trip anyway because you are so close to all the islands and the reef. You will enjoy Darwin too and then it is only a quick trip across to the Asian islands - much to see. I hope that you get the flights you want but perhaps talk to one of the airlines listed and tell them what you are doing and they may come up with an option you did not expect. Or the Cruise line for that matter!