River View Lodge in Chang Mai?

Jun 24th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

River View Lodge in Chang Mai?

Has anyone stayed at the River View Lodge in Chang Mai? Does anyone have a website address for this hotel?
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:57 AM

Try http://www.riverviewlodgch.com/room.htm

It looks OK, but I don't know it personally.

You might also like to check out http://chiangmai-travel.org/
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:18 AM

I stayed at Riverview a few years ago, and it was a wonderful choice. The room was large and clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom modern and Western -- comparable in comfort to, say, a good Holiday Inn. What made the stay especially pleasant, though, was the incredibly warm welcome by the staff, the breakfast each morning by the pool, and the friendly feel of the place. Also, the lodge is very well-located, just a few minute's walk from the Night Market.
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Peep

We stayed there in Jan 2002 and liked it a lot! It's a great deal for the price. I second what the last poster said.

Jun 26th, 2003, 05:18 AM

"Amen" to two previous messages. I've stayed there a number of times and wouldn't stay any place else in Chiang Mai. The only negative I can think of is the increasing motor vehicle traffic on the road across the river and the church there that blares its message periodically. It's a paradise. ZZ
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Zambezi,
Can you please tell me who you booked your stays there with, and what kind of room did you book?
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:49 AM

Pinkie: I usually call from the Chiang Mai airport, but I've also called from Bangkok. You can book a room through the Internet, I believe. Try Google. Or, maybe someone will respond with the address. I've always stayed on the second floor (first, in non-American nomenclature) overlooking the garden, pool, and river. ZZ
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:44 AM

we haven't stayed at the river view lodge in chiang mai, but i've seen lots of recomendations (we already booked on it) about booking in this website:
www.planetholiday.com

I hope it's helpful for you.