Chiang Mai accommodations

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Anna

Chiang Mai accommodations

I am looking for accommodations in Chiang Mai. Don't want to be too far away from town but don't want to be in the hustle and bustle of things either. I've read about The River View Lodge. I would like to hear any thoughts on this place and/or recommendations on others.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:08 AM
kathy

The River River Lodge is quite nice, especially the upper balcony rooms. Last Dec and Jan however, it was noisy in the evening with loud music from a restaurant across the river.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Anna

We stayed at the River View Lodge last January too and like it. We had the same complaint as Kathy. The place was really nice other than the noise from across the river, it sounded like a karaoke bar or something.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Anna

Thank you Kathy and Anna for your response. Do you know what the rates are for The River View Lodge and where to shop for the rates as well?

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Mark Polo

Just returned from Chiang Mai. Riverview Lodge is a gem of a place! Especially enjoyed their swimming pool. Rate that I paid (Dec., 2002) was $34.00 US for a dbl. You might have to reserve in advance as they were getting very busy! Avoid the nearby Diamond Riverview Hotel like the plague. Morning breakfast is like feeding time at the zoo!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Anna

We booked directly through their website last year. We had a riverside room with balcony.
http://www.riverviewlodgch.com/index.htm

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Anna

Thanks again Mark & Anna. The rate sounds really good! I'm still not used to seeing inexpensive rates for accommodations.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Pam

Dear Diane,

Thank you so much for the incredibly detailed trip report. We are very intrigued by the accommodations you stayed at in Chiang Mai--the Jaiya Mongkol B&B. When you say that you will hear animals, does that mean that the dogs barked all night? I'm sure the roosters were crowing, which is ok. Thanks for your help, Pam

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 01:43 PM
jeepy

I had the same experience as a few others. Great location, but the room we had was kind of stinky, and it got quite loud at night (and we were on the top floor!).

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 06:14 PM
R J

Try the Top North, very close to the night market. Also much more inexpensive. Swimming pool etc.