Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > rhkkmk, Gpanda, guenmai, and others - I need some help!

rhkkmk, Gpanda, guenmai, and others - I need some help!

Feb 28th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

rhkkmk, Gpanda, guenmai, and others - I need some help!

Hi, all. Well, I realized two nights ago that there was a problem with our booking at the BKK Marriot Resort, which I did through huahin.20m.com. My original request was for March 8-11, 3 nights. They charged my amex card in November for 1 night as deposit. I didn't pick up that they added a night and had booked us for March 7-11. When the balance came due, I still didn't pick it up until I looked at my Amex balance online, and realized they'd charged me for 3 more days instead of 2. I've e-mailed them and the response I recieved was that they would happily send me another voucher with the correct dates, and that I could use the extra day as a deposit for our next trip which would have to be before June8. Well, that's not acceptable to me, as there is no way I'm going to be able to use this amount. I've e-mailed them back asking for a refund, but at the least, for an upgrade to our rooms. Any other suggestions as to how to handle this dilemma? The mistake is not all theirs, as I could have checked the date better, but I didn't. Advice please! We leave for Chiang Mai on Thursday, so I'm feeling a bit of pressure. Thanks, Sharon
Feb 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM

Sorry, I can't help you on this one. I don't use these kinds of companies. I reserve my hotels by either contacting AmExp-Platinum travel to call them and hold one night on my credit card or by calling the hotel myself and having them hold one night. I don't prepay for all of the nights...unless I'm taking off on a whim and have gone through an internet company and it's a last minute kind of package(short) get away. Good luck, though with this one. You can write to Ombudsman when you get back. It's in one of the travel magazines...I think maybe Traval&Leisure. Have a wonderful trip. Happy Travels!
Feb 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM

Bob uses this company all the time, and James A recommends it, so I expect they can help you figure out what to do.
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM

there is a phone number to call them....let me see if i have it....
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:17 AM

here is the number i have from a past trip:

66-2-255-3105

i found them quite nice to deal with....hope you have your original paperwork for proof....

bob
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Bob, yes, I have the original paperwork. Thank you for the phone number. I guess I will contact them once we're in Thailand. At the very least, maybe they will upgrade our room.
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Sharon, if the original dates you asked for were March 8-11 and you have paperwork that says this, email it to them now and don't wait until you get to Bangkok. I would also contact Amex about this, they should be able to halp you resolve this.

Search this Thread