Resident in Thailand

Old Aug 10th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Resident in Thailand

How can i get resident in Thailand ?
jaysamuel is offline  
Old Aug 10th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 29,040
look at their immigration site
rhkkmk is offline  
Old Aug 10th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,396
Types of visas & requirements:
MmePerdu is online now  
Old Aug 10th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 478
Many expats live in Thailand on a one year retirement visa extension. Thus, no need to ever leave T'land. Conditions apply, like over age 50, must show some money in bank, or if USA passport get USA Embassy affidavit, and a few minor other conditions.

It's not too difficult to get this so-called one year 'retirement visa' and you will be joining tens of thousands of other expats, including EU folks, Japanese, Koreans, Australians, Russians, etc. The bureaucracy and corruption in Thailand offer many hurdles but can be handled if patient and have some money. But overall, IMO, better than any other SE Asia country for long term stay. Have recently heard VN offers similar, don't know.

But, if you want to get a Thai passport and be a Thai...forget it. If you have large, and numerous, bags of money, i suggest buy a Singapore or Hong Kong ID card and call one of those 'home' and travel around.
jobin is offline  
Old Aug 15th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks your suggestion guys i will think about it.
jaysamuel is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Aug 19th, 2018 06:44 AM
Dec 11th, 2017 07:44 AM
Air Travel
Aug 21st, 2009 05:34 PM
Jul 12th, 2006 08:52 PM
Apr 13th, 2005 07:54 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information