Ratt's Costs for Gas/Petrol on day trips

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Ratt's rates (2500BAHT) for 10 hour day plus O>T. I am trying to get an idea of the cost of gas/petrol if we go for eample to the Floating market, watefalls via a beautiful route and the Authentic Craft Center and a short lite lunch in 6 1/2-7 1/2 hours? Once back in Bangkok we will go to 2 local antique dealers and 1 art gallery until 5-5:30.
Having been to the floating market for several hours 5 years ago we lilely will only spend 1 1/2 hrs.on this visit there.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM

We just paid Ratt an extra 500 baht to go to the Floating Market and stopped at temples and a mall on the way back...That was just last week..
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM

i think she now charges 2B per kilometer....i think my charge for a full days outing to FM and river kwai was 450 kilometers but i am not sure of that....you will not go that far...my total bill for 13 hours, all outside bkk was $100 with a substantial tip....her rates were about 225B per hour and 1B per kilometer then---a couple of years ago...
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:22 AM

Yes, rhkkmk, but from my last visit to BKK when I also used the services of Ratt, I know she has changed her rates. I don't remember exactly, but it was still quite reasonable. She introduced proportionally higher half day and also a day rate, because she had a problem of too many people only employing her for half a day and then let her sit idle for the rest of the day. That's at least what she explained to me in November
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:18 PM

TracyB is right, she just charges an extra 500B for the gas. We used her two weeks ago - one day to Floating Market and one day to Ayutthaya, and she charged 500B extra each day.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM

So, a day to the Floating Market is 3000 bath? Am I getting this right? I don't remember exactly, but our day with her to Ayuttaya was reasonable too.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Yes cram, one full day (10 hrs)including Floating Market is 3000B, and so is one day to Ayuttaya.
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:52 PM

A LITTLE OFF SUBJECT, BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO AYUTHAYA ON BOAT VS. LAND? ARE THERE INTERESTING THINGS TO SEE EN ROUTE IF YOU ARE DRIVING? IS THE SUMMER PALACE ALONG THE SAME ROUTE? THANKS MUCH
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM

An year ago, we had Ratt as driver for 1 and 1/2 days, in Bangkok only. We were very happy with her service.

For Ayuttaya, we used a company named, if I remember well, Smilling Bangkok. We had a car with drier and guide. They took us from the hotel in the morning (at 8), we visited the Summer Palaace, then Ayuttaya, and they took us then to the boat. We loved this trip. The guide was very good. The trip back by boat was not so long, it was nice to look while we have our lunch.
The same company had also the tour by bus plus boat, that means that they start with a big group, at 6:30 in the morning, instead 8:00, see the same things like us (however, we saw them in the rithm we wanted, also we selected what we want to see in A.). We all returned by the same boat.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:42 PM

Just returned from Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I used Ratt's service in Bangkok, went to the Floating Market, Rose Garden and a couple of other stops. Used one her people by the name of Denchai who was just a nice person and a great driver. The cost was 3000BHT for the entire day not including tip. He also picked us up at the airport and took us back to airport. The cost was 500BHT each way (stayed at the Marriott Resort & Spa). In Chiang Mai we used Ratt's sister Poon, who is just the nicest person you want to meet, she is so considerate and a caring person, anyone going to Chiang Mai should diffently use Poon, you'll never regret it. Poon's rate is 2500Bht for ten hours. She took us all over, 2 elephant camps, orchard garden, view the Four Seasons Hotel and a long ride to see the Long Neck Tribe. We came back after 8 hours and only wanted to charge us 2000BHT as we didn't use up the ten hours. We told she deserved her 10 hour rate as she was just superb. Also used her for pick-up and drop-off to and from airport (300BHT each way).
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:41 AM

We also used Ratt when we where in Bangkok. We went to the floating market and after that the tiger temple many hours in the car but that was what we wanted to see this time. We paid 3500B(2500B for 10H + 1000B for gas) without tip. In the morning we had pickup at 06.30 but she obviuos had a problem with the car so she called and said she was 40min late. Everybody can have bad luck so she was excused and we went to have breakfast while waiting. Once she picked us up we had a wonderfull day and I can highly recommend her if you want transport to tourist attractions and hate going in big tourist busses. We knew excactly want we wanted to see and had our guidebook with us so for us it worked perfectly.
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

The difference of 300Baht-500 is peanuts and she is liberal with her time. The only caution I feel I should give is she is an excellent driver and a pretty good guide. I say pretty good is because her English is fair and we lost somrthibngs in commubication and her in-depth knowledge of thai history is fair.
But she and Poon are the loveliest people you could ever wish to have help you get around.
Maybe because we used her for 5 days and went to floating market/craft center and some galleries out in the area but the rest was in the city and up to 20 miles out of town ahe charged us 2500Baht/day or 12,500 for 5 days and that included one 3 hour night market visit.
We toippedher $75USD.
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, my wife corrected me it was 13,500BAHT not 12000 including a 1 way trip back to airport.
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:18 PM

We have contacted Ratt and reserved her for two days but now she tells us she is not a 'guide' and cannot guide us around the Grand Palace that we have to hire another guide at the palace or she can find us one. I assume she cannot guide us at other attractions as she is now saying in a round about way that she is just a driver. I am not sure I understand what is happening. I have read many posts on several different forums and she seems to come highly recommended at no time did I ever get the impression that she couldn't 'guide' us.

Can anyone give me some guidance? Should we still go ahead with reservation or do I start my search over?
Thanks for advice.
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:42 PM

Hi catart! I just used Ratt for pick up at airport and for the floating market. She was great, but I agree she did say she isn't a guide and I wouldn't consider her one. She can give recommendations and shows you around, but as she told us she does not know the entire history of the grand palace. She offered us someone else we could use, this person who is licensed as a guide charges 3000 baht for a full day. we opted not to use her and did the palace and Wat tour on our own. There are guides at the palace you can hire as well. I believe they charged 500 baht? We were lucky because just as we were walking in we saw a group with a spanish-speaking guide and we shamelessly followed them around (only at times). We also read the brochures and handouts given to us by the palace. But then it wasnt important to us getting a guide, we don't really like walking around with a guide. we just rather go around, sit and enjoy our selves.Is it necessary you have a guide? If so then get the guide.