Railay Beach Questions

Search

Railay Beach Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Railay Beach Questions

We reserved a villa at the Sunrise Tropical Resort in Railay Beach (East). All of the research I have done says that the west beach is a 5-10 minute walk. Are there places where you can rent beach chairs/umbrellas around the Railay Beach area? Sorry if this is a stupid question...just trying to plan accordingly.

Also-Should I arrange for a tranfer directly from the hotel or is it easy to get to from the Krabi Airport?

Also-Do you know if the Sunrise Tropical Resort serves alcohol? I have read mixed reviews on this and would love to find out. I hope I don't sound like a lush

Thanks!
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM

Ahhhh... You are staying in one of my favorite resorts in Thailand!

As for transfers to Sunrise, I would guess you could easily book upon arrival but I can't say from experience. We came in from Ko Phi Phi by boat.

We left from Sunrise Tropical via boat. A car met us at the dock and took us straight away to the airport. It was done effortlessly with little planning.

Sunrise Tropical is an amazing place! Yes, it sits on a mangrove swamp. No, we didn't mind it a bit. It is a 2 minute stroll to West Railey unless you are crawling on your hands and knees.

The beaches are back to back and some of the accomodations on East Railey are closer to West Railey than the accomodations on West Railey! Seriously!

If you would like to see my photos of Sunrise Tropical you can view them at www.windjammer.smugmug.com. Just go to the Thailand Accomodations album.

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers!
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM

BTW, yes, you can drink at Sunrise Tropical and they serve drinks at the restaurant. There is also a little mini mart type place where you can buy drinks and chill them in you refrigerator. There are plenty of bars near there that tend to be more active than the resort itself.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 08:48 PM

We've been to Railay Beach twice. There are no beach rental concessions for chairs/umbrellas.

While it is true that Railay Beach is a few minutes walk, this is not the beach you will want to relax on. The beautiful beach that you always see pictured is Phra Nang Beach and this is a 10 to 15 minute walk.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 05:59 AM

Keep in mind that the beaches there are part of a national park, thus no beach chairs are even allowed.