Search

Question about Rajasthan tour companies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Rajasthan tour companies

Hi all,
Still working on our Rajasthan trip in August and since we are visiting family, we can only spare about 6 nights for this travel.

Few questions:

1. Which cities should we cover ? Udaipur and Jodhpur ? Can we fly from one to another ? We will be flying in from Bangalore

2. I have seen few tour companies being recommended here. Do they just book hotel and air ? I am looking for one that does give us some interesting experiences suggesting unique things to do, specially since we are traveling with our kids ages 11 & 7.5. Are they capable of providing this ? I am speaking someone here in the US , but they may be expensive considering the length of our trip. Plus it may be easier to work with someone in India directly since I am originally from there I don't have language issues and such.

Any thoughts ? Suggestions ?

Thanks
Kush
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM

Contact VP Singh, LegendsandPalaces.com.
He does not do "cookie-cutter" tours, and can provide you with exactly what you are lookingg for.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:49 PM

We loved udaipur and Jodhpur and we drove between them..

I used castle and king in Delhi...google them
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks JerryS, have you used them yourself ?

Kmkrn, I have heard a lot of Castle & King. How was your experience ? If you don't mind can you email me your thoughts ? Did they create what you wanted from them ? My email ourfamilytravel at gmail dot com..

Thanks
Kush
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM

shubha, Yes, We used him in 2006. He prepared a 17 day itinerary for us, visiting mostly Rajasthan (15 days) and then Mumbai (we wanted to leave from Mumbai). We stayed in many heritage hotels, forts and very unique places. For the most part they were not 4 or 5 star but were, nonetheless, excellent.
I was initially hesitant about visiting India, but the trip with VP was just fantastic and will be remembered forever.
FYI, this visit to India was the beginning of our 8 month around the world trip. Quite frankly, it was the highlight of the trip.
Have a great trip

Jerry
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:15 PM

Hi Kush, I would second the recommendation. We used Castle and King and just returned from our trip with our 21 and 17 yr old kids. The drivers were safe, the guides were very good, and some were excellent. I don't know if you have traveled with a guided tour, but I must say, it made it easy! I did read the blogs myself so had an idea of what I wanted to do but Arvind also had suggestions.
Has your family traveled much? Have they been to India before? I just finished my detailing my trip so you can click on my name to see what we did.
Evelyn
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Evelyn, yep we are pretty well travelled family I am originally from India, but south India but haven't travelled to Rajasthan yet. My kids have also been to India before , but we would like to plan a unique holiday which is stress free
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM

we also used castle and king- just returned from 2 weeks over xmas. mr arvind booked all our flights and hotels, our driver and guides. he and i went back and forth over the itinerary several times til we were both happy, and i made hotel suggestions as did he, and together we planned hotels (the ones he suggested worked out great. be specific about what you want- we wanted a luxury tented experience, a palace experience etc, so let him know. there are many options, so he can help! the beauty of having them book your flights is that if there are any changes in flight times (and there were- the dehli fogs meant that flight times were changed same day- castle and king kept up with the changes, and notified us and got us there- flights can depart hours EARLIER than scheduled, so this was a great resource to have!