Phuket, Krabi or Phi Phi - looking for recent experiences

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are trying to decide where to spend the last week of our month in Southeast Asia. We are looking at one of the southern Thailand island beaches. We are not interested in nightlife or partying. I've seen pictures of the karsts in some of the Thai beaches - and think that would be a perfect place to spend our time.

Most of the discussion about Phuket, Krabi and Phi Phi Don on this forum are a little dated. Can you give me some recommendations for: quiet, spectacular scenery, and the best hotels. We would be looking for a hotel in the mid-to-more expensive range -- but if there is a moderately priced hotel that is spectacular, that would be fine.

If it makes a difference, we expect to be there in late March. Thanks.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM

I did a day tour to Phi Phi Don and we alighted on the beach and walked around and had lunch at one of the restaurants. Everyone raves about how great Phi Phi is... I figure there must be something I haven't seen as I was not thrilled at all with the look of the harbour village. Hopefully the hotels/resorts are far more glamorous. That of course is just my opinion.

The Banyan Tree in Phuket might suit you. Maybe a pool villa?
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM

A day trip to PhiPhi gives you no idea of what staying there is like. You are dropped at a beach with all the other daytrippers.

On Phuket, look into the Amanpuri - upper price range. And look at the named suites at Mom Tri's Villa Royale. Here are some other upper-range ideas;
http://www.phuket.com/hotel/recommen...ic-resorts.htm

Most dramatic scenery is at Krabi.

Do you know about the Thai hotel booking site www.sawasdee.com ? Many of us here use it.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 07:31 PM

of the 3 I prefer krabi, but not krabi town or ao nang.. I prefer the area around the Sheraton krabi and the amari vogue (check this out).

but above those I prefer khao lak---first the jw Marriott and 2nd the le meridian---both 1+ hour drive north of Phuket airport---easy drive
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check out all the recommendations that you folks have suggested. Will also look at the Thai hotel booking site.