Phuket in july 2010

Old May 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket in july 2010

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of what to do, where to go and where to eat when i go to Phuket this year. Leaving on the 2nd July and staying for 10 nights. I have read many articles saying tour boats wont be operating during this time due to rough seas and im starting to worry...any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:59 PM

I think you should plan on a day to day basis and the decision based on the weather for the day. If it's sunny with a calm sea, possible, then perhaps you can visit a nearby island and you will be able to find a boat to take you there. If it's overcast then perhaps explore the town or take a drive around the island. If it's raining then go to the mall. If the weather is really bad with thunderstorm or heavy rain then stay in your room.
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM

there is lots to do and its a large island....how about buying a guidebook to see what interests you??
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM

I've been to Phuket during the month of July and had lovely sunny weather, but I've also had showers. I noted the red flags flying on the beaches though... rough currents. You will probably be fine.
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Oh, put Mom Tri's Kitchen and Mom Tri's Grill Room on your list of restaurants. The Kitchen is located at the Villa Royale property, just between Kata and Kata Noi beaches. The Grill Room is located at the Boathouse Resort/Hotel which is at the south end of Kata Beach. Both are really excellent places to dine. Extensive wine list, if that is of any interest to you.

Carol
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM

I agree with planning things day to day (or at least just a day or two ahead) so you can check the local weather. We had some absolutely beautiful days and others that were a bit overcast and rainy. Nothing that prevented us from doing things. Taking a boat out into Phang Nga Bay is a must. The formations and seascape are like nothing I have ever seen before. And of course seeing the James Bond Rock was cool. It was sort of our movie trip because we saw the James Bond Rock, the cove where The Beach was filmed and then we went to Siem Reap and saw where Tomb Raider II was filmed.

Don't know if you have a hotel booked yet. We stayed at the Kata Beach Resort and got a fabulous deal because it is low season. I think we paid about $100 USD per night for an absolutely huge and gorgeous room that had a little corner of the water visible from the patio. The pools are wonderful, the beach in front is great, and it's right down the beach from Mom Tri's which could be a perk (probably the Grill Room from simpsonc510's description above).
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM

Katathani Resort is also really nice. It is on Kata Noi beach. You could walk up the beach stairway to Mom Tri's Kitchen, which is on the rocky hillside.
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, im staying in Anadaman beach suites. I'm about to turn 19, so i plan on going out alot when im there, i have heard there is great nightlife. Do you need an international drivers license to drive in Thailand?