Phuket in July

May 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Phuket in July

We are going to Bangkok on business in July and would like to spend a few days relaxing in Phuket. We know that this is "rainy season", but would like to get more info as to what we can expect weatherwise. Are there parts of the island that will have better weather than others at this time of year? We had originally planned to stay at the Amanpuri but friends have suggested the Evason. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
May 2nd, 2005, 11:33 PM

Evason actually doesn't have a good beach, they have to take you by boat to a small island for the beach, also south east location is out of the way, druing dry season it would be ok but during rainy time I personaly wouldn't advise. There are some amazing bargains at the moment, many offering free night after a certain number of night stay, if you only have a few days you might not get but you can always look for possible pay 2 night stay 3 nights, there is a lot of choice and rates will be low, you are obviously looking at the top end so try this site which has the luxury top end places ( plus 2/3/4 star also ) www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com

No part of the island realy any better weatherwise. Note though that if you want to head out to shopping and restaurants during rain it makes sense to perhaps stay in a place closer to restaurants and shopping, unless you just want. You could get 3 days of non stop sunshine of lots of rain, it depends, it could also just be a short burst in the early evening, I lived there many years and you really can't say whether it will be sunny with a short amount of rain or solid, though it usually does tend to be short and hard rain and dries quickly, if it rains have a spa/massage or relax with a great book for some real 'rest'!!
May 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM

Take a look at the Chedi is for you want quiet rest, Kata Thani if you want a place located somewhat closer to restaurants and activities, Baan Yin Dee in the mountains over Patong if you want a quality spa type place but tihin 5 minutes of busy area. Mom Tri's Botahouse if you want more boutique style ( go for best rooms ), you can get 3 star anything from about $35/40 upwards, though as said some excellent bargains available.
May 3rd, 2005, 05:44 AM

aman phuket is offering a 50% sale until october if you did not know it..chances like this do not come often...chedi is run bay aman i believe and is adajacent..
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:19 AM

We have booked a week at the Marriott in Phuket in July 2006. We last visited in Feb of this year and loved it. I realize July is rainy but this is the only time we can go. I am wondering how the weather effects the local tours. We are interested in tours to Phang Nga Bay and Phi Phi Islands for snorkeling. I know the water can be pretty rough at the Marriott but will it be any better for swimming at these other locations? We are also looking into scuba certification for our 16 year old son. I read somewhere that their scuba certification went Nov - April. Is this always the case? Any suggestions for tours that are good for that time of year? How bad is rain in July?