Phone cards to call China

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone cards to call China

I'm interested in buying phone cards to call China from the US. I would like both cheap/min rates and also reliable company. I had bought some from Just Phone Cards which I think went out of business.

I wonder what web site or phone number they can be reached in order to order cards?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM

We've been using Chi-Tel cards for the last 3 years with no problems. They have US offices and a toll-free access number, and the US-China rate is 2c/minute. www.chi-tel.com.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Neil_Oz,
Thanks for the info. You feel that the site is secure to give them a credit card number online? Thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM

LostinChina, although I personally wouldn't have any qualms about using my CC I can't vouch for the site's security, I'm sorry. Initially I thought the company was Chinese, but now get the impression that's it's HQ'd in Australia.

We've always bought over the counter - don't know where you live, but if it's a sizable city, especially one with am Asian population, you could try looking around. The world seems to be awash with the things.

I mentioned call quality - our experience calling NE China is that usually there's a slight speech delay, but you soon adjust for that. Very occasionally we've had echo, in which case we hang up and dial again.

My guess is that all card services would exhibit this to a greater or lesser degree. They can offer such low rates only by making technical compromises and some diminution of quality is inevitable on the "no such thing as a free lunch" principle.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM

My colleage, who has family back in China, has been using onesuite.com for year. No problem. 2.2cents/min to China. No fee, no charges, and you can recharge online. I don't see how it can be more risky than paying with your credit card at a restaurant.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM

I mean, for yearS.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I will look into these and maybe try one out.

Thanks!!