Peace Resort and Anantara -Bophut

Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Peace Resort and Anantara -Bophut

Is the Anantara the one next to the peace Resort and if not, I am thinking of the SALA Samui? Has anyone stayed at the Anantara here? I would be grateful for any help.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM

i ahve stayed at peace and loved it, but you did not ask that question....next door is one of the new upscale ones...not sure which one...
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:14 AM

My parents-in-law are staying at the Anantara in a couple of weeks so I will post back as to how it is then from their perspective if that is helpful and not too late

Sala Samui has so many rave reviews - it is v popular so book early if that is where you want to stay. I would definitely have gone there on our trip now after our wedding for honeymoon were I not with a toddler!
BB
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:38 AM

Hello Fiona! The Anantara is not far away from the peace resort,but i think the bophut beach resort and the bandara are in between.SALA samui is not on bophut beach but on choeng mon beach.
My husband,our four year old and i stayed at the Anantara resort at the beginning of june this summer. We loved it! The hotel is just beautiful.We got the best deal at www.slh.com,and upgraded the room type when we arrived. They offered us a very good deal for the anantara suite. It was the four last nights of our holiday,and we wanted a little extra.The room was very nice,with a huge bathtub.Nice balcony with a lovely sofa and big soft pillows. When you travel with children it is very important to have a nice private place in the evenings.(if you want a little privacy you should not go for the ground floor rooms).
If you go for the anatara suite you have lovely view over the sea and pool area. The food at Anantara is so good,and we ended up eating there a lot. The breakfast area is one of the best i have seen. It is a relaxing and lovely place to start the day.(breakfast was also included when booked at slh.com).I do not like the beach at bophut for swimming(the bottom is a little muddy for my taste),but the hotel has a lovely garden and a good size pool.We had dinner at the Bophut beach resort one night,and it also seemed like a nice place,but i was so happy staying at the Anantara,and i could go back any day.If the beach is very important to you,than i would stay some nights at Chaweng beach. The Central samui beach resort has the best location, lovely white beach and perfect for swimming.
good luck !
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

apologies for not replying before now. I have stayed at Peace resort a couple of times and loved it. The second time we went there was construction going on next door. I was told what the name of the hotel was but can't remember now. If SALA is not in Bophut then I'm not really interested. The Anantara sounds good.
However, we are now thinking that we might return to Bali instead and team that up with a trip to KL- never been there before. Decisions, decisions!
Thanks again for all the help.