Andaman White Beach Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for an upscale hotel on a quiet beach in Phuket February 4-8, 2007. Prepared to spend $300/night, but ok to spend less! Booked at Andaman White Beach Resort buy reading mixed reviews.

Any advice?
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM

I liveo on Phuket - and I like the Andaman White Beach Resort. Great beach! The main restaurant is quite expensive, but the cafe down by the pool (overlooks the beach - great view) is reasonably priced and good.

http://phuketdelight.com/off%20the%2...th.htm#Andaman White Beach Resort

has a bit of a review.

THE AWB is a bit distant from other things - but NaiThon Beach village is about 1km down the road with a nice assortment of Thai restaurants and bar - and another great beach!

I like the area - but it is a bit too far away from "nightlife" areas if that is important to you.
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Hi-

We stayed there last month for 4 nights. Have you read my trip report for the details? Click on my name to find it if not.

It's lovely, but very isolated. Gorgeous beach. Rooms are ok and the food is very, very good. Yes, pricy for Thailand, but not really for an isolated resort. If you don't have a car, there's nothing in walking distance.
I hope you got a good rate when you booked; it's certainly not worth the "rack rate" of $250 per night, but they do have a lot of special deals.
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM

Hi! I just spent one night there two weeks ago on a stop-over between Phi Phi and Bangkok. It was perfect for us for a convenient beach hotel near the airport. We would have been happy to spend two or three more days there, but after that it could get a bit boring due to the isolation. We had a "beach bungalow", which is more like a poolside bungalow, but was quite nice. A little mold on the tile in the bathroom, but otherwise a neat room with a nice outdoor shower (there is an indoor one too). I think we paid around $120 US plus tax etc., but we also booked a couple months in advance. Their free shuttle to the airport was convenient in the morning and happy hour is nice too. The restaurant down by the pool was quite good and not too pricey.
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM

The beach front villa is only B3400 (less than US$100) right now including breakfast and all taxes.

http://phuketdelight.com/andaman_white_beach.htm

Not bad for such a nice place.
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Wow, I would definitely take that offer!!