Paging Simpson510

Feb 6th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Paging Simpson510

Carol...Are you in Bangkok right now? I forgot to mention to you that about two-three days after New Year's day, Jim Thompson introduced a new, limited handbag/bag line to honor the 100th anniversary of JT...Lost In Bangkok...collection. There is a messenger-style bag and a vertical carry-on style bag, with long handles to use as a shoulder bag... that's really a handbag...which I bought and use regularly. They are striped and made of cotton and totally cool. You'll flip out. I only saw the collection at Jim Thompson Emporium...which is why I love that store. It gets different stuff. Not even Paragon carried the line. And I didn't have time to go back over to the main store. I had already been there in December, but that was before the line was released. There were also a lot of other 100-year anniversary items released at the same time...key chains, old JT postcards with his photo...lots of hip stuff...but at the Emporium branch. Have fun in BK. Happy Travels!
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM

guen---i think she left chicago on tuesday

bob
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Good, Bob. Then I'm sure she'll check her e-mail since I think she travels with her laptop. Happy Travels!
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

ttt. Happy Travels!
Feb 13th, 2007, 11:39 PM

Hello from BKK guenmai,
I heard from kuranasuke yesterday that there was a thread on fodors asking for me...

It's Wednesday afternoon and I have only one more full day in BKK before going home to 8" of new snow in Illinois. Not sure if I will find time to go to JT store or not. Will try. Thanks for the tip on the new style bags.

Carol
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:30 AM

Carol, any good scoop on the new shopping area you went to? What kinds of things did they have there?
Feb 15th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Last bit of shopping just about done, I think. Bags are full... lol

guen... I think I'll go down to Emporium after leaving soi 4 (cheap internet) since it's close.

stitch... it's a lot of the usual stuff such as jewelry, clothing, purses. If you wander around, you can see "new" stuff, which is what I'm always looking for. I found some nice fabric wallets at NaRaYa that were very reasonable, I thought. No, NaRaYa is not in the market. I shopped at the store in Central World, ground floor, right by Isetan. Everything else I've purchased has been at Platinum, Pratunam, Amari, and the new market my Thai friend showed me. I have not come even close to my $800 limit! But since the bags are pretty much full, I have to give up anyway! lol

Home to the snow in just a few short hours. Not looking forward to it, but the good news is, I'll be coming back before too long, hopefully, if my stuff seems to be a hit w/friends at home!

Carol
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Carol...hope you're having fun in BK. Poor thing...back to the snow soon. We're having 75-degree weather here in L.A. Smiles. Happy Travels!
Feb 16th, 2007, 02:38 PM

guenmai
I bought one of the colorful messenger style bags. Cute! Thanks for telling me about them.

I'm back home again in Illinois, arriving about 11:15 today at ORD. Brrrr...