November BKK and where more ?

Sep 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

November BKK and where more ?

First at all, let me query excuses about my english, I'm from Barcelona (Europe) (Sapain in Thailand).

Next last week of October, we come to Bkk 3 days and 4 days more in another place. Weíve been in Bkk and Krabi one year ago and we donít want to repeat destination (krabi).

We have been looking for the weather in Koh Samui and itís very possible to have 2-3 days raining first week of November.
Then we would like to go at some place from BKK during 4 nights whith good weather.

What we search?

First at all, relax. Itís not necessary to bee in a beach, but we would like to stay in a luxury hotel from where we can make any short trip and return to the hotel. (Like one Evason... or similar)

Second: We like a lot massages, and if itís possible, good price. Then we like to stay in a place who is not 10 km far from the city or village (usually the prices of Spa Hotel are incredible)

Tree: We like shopping, markets...

Weíve been looking for Hua Hin, because it seems that weather is a little better, but we donít like this class of destination is a lot massive tourism.

Another possible is Anantara Golden Triangle? Hotel seems very nice. Has anybody been there? Is good communicated? Is as beautiful that seems in the web? Anybody knows if at first November, the Weather is usually good, itís possible to take sun bath, pool...
Where con we go from hotel near, without organization?

Another possible is going to Myanmar, but I think that hotels are not as beautiful as in Thailand.

Tell me something please.

Sep 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Based on your requirements, I would recommend Chiang Mai or Phuket. I would definitely not go with Burma, though I have not been there myself. I was not at all impressed with Hua Hin - and I have been most places in Thailand.

Shade
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:59 PM

The Jirung Health resort and Spa in Chiang Mai might be an idea for you, not too far from town, all suitres, under USD 100.

Regarding Hua Hin, a lot of people go to Hua Hin 'city/town' and do not go further out, I often think that is like going to Phuket and staying in Phuket Town!

There is a whole region around Hua Hin and some nice beaches, sure they are not as lovely as krabi but not that bad, the beach around the Hyatt is nice and the beach near the new Wora Buru Resort and Spa about 10 minutes south of town is quite nice. Another few kms is Khao Takiab Bay which has a long wide beach with palm trees etc, the Anantasial resort and others, small fishing village, elephants and temples, highly popular with Thai people. About 15 km further is Pak nam pran beach and then pranburi where you have luxury boutique resortys like the Aleenta and the praseban and luxury resorts such as the Evason and top class Evason Hideaway.
I always say to people going to Hua Hin don't make the mistake of sticking in the town and town beach area, move south just 10-15 minutes and it's great, then it is easy to get into town for the evenings if you want.
Sep 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM

I would highly recommend the Anantara at the Golden Triangle. It it even more beautiful than the pictures. They have a wonderful spa, too. You fly into Chaing Rai and can arrange for the Anantara to pick you up at the airport.

(by the way, your English is much better than my Spanish)
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:00 PM

i too could suggest the anantara up north to you...sometimes it is hard to get reservations however....there is nothing that you can walk to from there except the wonderful opium museum just across the street...i rented a car in chiang rai and drove the one hour north which was very convenient and then i had the car to go out from there....the hotel is more beautiful than it looks...good massage and spa although expensive...good food also...very quiet and relaxing for you...

there are several places to go out from the hotel...the best is the king's mother's former estate called doi tung...worth at least 1/2 day...

very good cooking classes there as well...
weather will be fine in november...

another alternative is the jw marriott resort in phuket...go there and never leave...fantastic and very beautiful...not sure of nov. weather however...
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your help.
We are still not decided. I think that I preffer to go to Golden Triangle and my wife to Hua Hin. Most possible is that my wife wins (it usualy matters).

I'll query for your help if i've some other question, and again, thanks a lot.

Sep 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM

If you don't win you can still find a large number of temples, hilltop ruions etc at Khao Takiab which is just past the end of Hua Hin around near a bay, here are some photos of the temple area:
http://www.balithai.20m.com/khao_takiab_temples.html

You can also visit the hilltribes in the mountains near Hua Hin but you have to go on the 'official tour'. Good resorts with Spas include the Anantara Resort, Hyatt Regency and the Wora Bura, all are right on the beach ( no beach roads to cross ). If you like golf and fishing there is lots there too.

also you can look at:
http://www.khao-takiab.com

This is part of Hua Hin but just 7-8 minutes or less from the busy town areas.