Nancy Chandler Map

Search

Nancy Chandler Map

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nancy Chandler Map

Hi does anyone know where in Bangkok I can but this map?

Or does anyone have one that they don't need anymore and would like to pass on sell to me.

I live on the West coast.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM

You can buy them at any of the Asia Books stores located throughout the city. Also available at Kinokuniya Book Stores.
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 08:07 PM

many hotel shops have them in bkk...

i think amazon has them as well...
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM

You can it buy it on the web from her website at http://www.nancychandler.net/ and she will mail it to you. The website has lots of useful info. The problem with buying one from someone else is that you have to make sure that you get the latest edition, as things change so quickly in Bangkok. A building can be torn down and the shops inside move, or a whole street can be rerouted and the edition you have is no longer useful. I buy a new every time she comes out with a new edition. If you buy one at a hotel or from someone else, make sure it is the latest edition....
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 02:35 AM

I got mine on Amazon.

There is also a Luxe guide to Bangkok.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:51 AM

Also available at 7/11 stores in BKK if you happen to venture out of the 5 star ghetto.

Old Nov 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM

The Luxe Guide is excellent as well, but is no Nancy Chandler map. (The map also comes with a little booklet of restaurants and shops.) If you can, get both the Nancy Chandler and the Luxe Guide. The Luxe is about quarterly, so again get the latest edition. Go to http://www.luxecityguides.com/

The Nancy Chandler also is a great souvenir of the trip. I have mine from my first trips to Bangkok and Chiang Mai 20 years ago.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 07:00 PM

I don't leave home without my Nancy Chandler map although I've been going to BKK for nearly a decade, I still rely on it a lot. Nima (Chandler) said she was working on an updated one. I don't know if it's out or not, but I bought a new one last summer and it seemed updated enough to me...compared to my very old one. Happy Travels!
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM

You can have mine. Send me an e-mail at yahoo with your snail mail address and I will send it to you. Might be two or three weeks tho as I am headed to NZ on Thursday and have much to do.

I thought the map was bizarre and didn't use it. I found the little booklet that came with the map. Am sure I can find the actual map.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 08:57 AM

So you're off to N.Z. Lucky you. I love it down there. When I go I stay with Kiwi friends on the south island who have a 1200 acre farm with 3,000 sheep. We're always busy as I'm there during sheep shearing season and help them prepare and take tea and scones and other food to the hired hands at their sheep shearing station. I love jumping out of the truck and ringing that metal triangle and hollering out ,"Tea time" in an American/Kiwi accent. Smiles.

Oh, if the other person doesn't want the Nancy Chandler map, I'll take it. I lost both my backup one and the regular one and had to replace one of them last August. If you have my e-mail address still from my GTG planning days, then you can e-mail me when you get back. Have fun in the land of the Kiwis. Happy Travels!
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 08:04 PM

We bought the Nancy Chandler map in Koh Samui at a magazine shop, so you can get them anywhere. But we found it indispensable. We used the Luxe guides that we got as gifts and the Nancy Chandler maps for the Bangkok portion of the trip. Didn't find Luxe restaurants to be worth it, as many of them aren't even Thai food.