Mumbia Hotel

Aug 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Mumbia Hotel

Looking for help locating a basic hotel
in a favorable area that is safe ,clean and reasonably priced.
Am an adult male traveling alone.I really
need a place to settle when I arrive at
the airport.After that I will be fine.
Is the Airport toirist counters open late
in the evening and reliable.
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:18 PM

Do you mean an airport hotel? If not, here is a good one in the city - http://www.ascothotel.com/main.htm.
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM

Hi..i have stayed at the Hotel Highway Residency near the airport, and it is very clean, friendly and very inexpensive..We are actually going to stay there again in January, 2007.

http://travel.vsnl.com/hotelhighwayresidency/
Aug 14th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Tracy,

I saw a review of Hotel Highway residency on the internet which wasn't very good. It said that the bathroom was substandard with not even a curtain and only had a faucet in the wall with a bucket underneath. Could this be the same hotel?
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Hi..yes it could be the same hotel..But i have stayed in many hotels throughout India with no shower curtain..it is quite common..

Keep in mind..this is a budget hotel, only 35.00 per night, u can't expect the Hilton!!

When i first booked this hotel, i was a little nervous, as we are not really budget hotel people....

But honestly..it was a really good experience to stay somewhere like this. ...We met so many travellers that were just plain old travellers...

Anyhow...the hotel is spotless..the breakfast is really good...and we are staying there again..just for a night on our way to Goa..

Supposedly they are renovating the hotel..

Anyhow..i read ton's of good reviews on this hotel and that is why i booked it..CAUSE i didn't wanna pay an arm and a leg just for an over night stay!!

Also..they do pick u up at the aiport..which is included in the price..
Aug 14th, 2006, 06:18 PM

Namaste. HI There,Bobbie! I had responded to this post at another location too*, (where u asked for a "touristit hotel"), but wanted to respond in this thread, as it is more specific about Mumbai, to make sure u get it and also that others going to Mumbai can see it too...

Bombay, i just Love Bombay!

I can certainly give u ample suggestions, as i have been in/out of Bombay many mnay times, and actually thinking to reloacte there this year!

First off...U want to get out of the airport area and get into the thick of the city, actually South Bombay! Most of the tourists, places of touristic interest, business areas, markets are in South Bombay, and great areas to stay include, Colaba and Marine Drive!

i always stay in Colaba myself. REally enjoy it there! Great food, great shopping! This area is located at least a good hour from the airport(can be longer depending on traffic too). It is easy to get there, hundreds of big taxis line up at the airport. No problems.

Do note**There are some big five star hotels out at the airport area too if u are looking for a deluxe property as such nr airport, and there are also the Bombay surburbs too such as Juhu and Bandra, with hotel options, but but i definately suggest u leave the airport area and get into the thick of the vibrant exciting city!

Anyways, Bombay/Mumbai tends to be a very expensive city for accomadation in India, one of the most expensive, and still not sure what ur budget is. A decent mid range guesthouse in colaba with all the basic good facilities can run u easily $50 plus plus. U can find less and u can find much much much More!

If u let me know buget i can give much more specifics, as the hotels in Colaba run the gamut from the simple guesthouse, to the mid~range guesthouse, to mid range hotels, to the absolutely fabulous and luxury five star properties of Colaba and of Marine Drive!

I am assuming u are seeking a good mid range option, so i will sugest a few. Bentley's Hotel, HOtel Godwin, Hotel GArden, Hotel Suba Palace, Shelly's Hotel, Harbor View Hotel, Ascott hotel, Sea Palace Hotel, Hotel REgent, to name a few mid range options. Bombay is very busy during season, so i wld certainly suggest u book beforehand.

Some of the higher mid~end options in Colaba include the Gordon House Hotel and Fariyas. For luxury, well, my favorite, The Taj Mahal. Gorgeous views out to the Sea and the Gateway of India.

Again, not fare from here, down on Marine Drive u have many of the five star deluxe luxury properties, again, with gorgeous views out to the Sea. these include the Oberoi, the Hilton, The Intercontinental, and the Marine Plaza, to name a few..

Anyways, there ae many other places to stay beyond the small list i gave, but this should be a start. Anyone off to Bombay//feel free to drop me a line, happy to help with more specifics/info, etc at [email protected] Namaste, and happy travels..

Sep 13th, 2006, 07:57 AM

HI there..I am pulling this thread up for BEth about Mumbai hotels..happy travels.!~namaste.
Sep 15th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Am planning on changing my travel
month from December to late October.
Is the weather a problem.
Is the rain still a problem.