Most luxurious hotel in Krabi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi...we are traveling to Krabi in March and are looking for a luxury hotel...with a great beach, great rooms, service, food. We are used to staying at Four Seasons/Mandarins and are worried the hotels we are finding in Krabi arent as luxurious. We have been looking at Nakamanda, Tubkaak, Zeavola. Any thoughts on these hotels or others would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM

There is the Rayavadee but it it very expensive, $700-800 range. It's a lot of money. Nakamanda probably about $220-500 range.

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM

You've really cast a wide net - the Zeavola is on Phi Phi, the Tubkaak and Nakamanda on the mainland. It might help if you narrowed down which general area you want to base yourself in. There are three major destinations in Krabi province: the Phi Phi islands, Lanta islands and the mainland around Ao Nang.

The Rayavadee is certainly very nice, and is on a small peninsula that can only be reached by boat, but I'm not sure it's worth what they're charging.

The three places you mentioned are all 'boutique' resorts that are certainly special, but they may not live up to your expectations, if you're expecting personal butlers, etc. These are beach resorts, after all.

Some other places you might want to look at would be the Amari Vogue Resort, Centara Grand and Langham Place Eco Resort. The last is on Lanta, where the Pimalai might also be worth considering.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM

I agree that Rayavadee is very nice but also that it is overpriced and must say that we were underwhelmed. No complaints or issues....just not hugely impressed given the cost.

Zeavola now has competition on Phi Phi from the newly opened Rantee Bay Resort. Haven't stayed there....yet, but know the location well....fabulous. So you may want to check that out.

Langham Place Eco Resort is a good option, but my recommendation for the most luxurious hotel in Krabi, and meeting your other criteria, is Phulay Bay. Link below

http://phulay.com/home.htm
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:15 PM

ooh, Rantee looks nice, Leigh! Thanks for the tip. What was there before? All I remember on that bay were some ramshackle Robinson Crusoe-like huts.

Looks like a welcome addition to the East Coast!
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM

Yes Will, ''ramshackle Robinson Crusoe-like huts'' were all that was there before. All gone now, or at least mostly.
As I'm sure you will remember, it really is a very beautiful little bay. We intend to check it out later this year....and of course, will report back.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM

We have also stayed at the Rayavadee and i would say the setting is simply spectacular, the individual bungalows gorgeous and the staff super helpful. Was it overpriced- well at the time we got about 50% off as they were doing a deal and for me that was enough to pay. We found the food though very dissapointing (this was 2005 so am sure things have changed)

It realy depends on what you want/can afford.
Would i got back - yes if there was a special offer but not at $700++ a night
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM

We loved Rayvadee. The setting is so lovely. Excellent service, very comfortable, spacious accomodations. I loved going from one beach to the other and the pool for a change. The food was not great, but since everything was shipped-in...it was fine. The lunches at the beach had the best food IMHO. I think they often have price deals.
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM

The Rantee looks great! Anyone know when they plan to open and how the beach is on that part of the island?

Will be on Phi Phi late March and would love to stay there.
Thanks!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM

The Layana resort on Koh Lanta is lovely and very well managed. We stayed in a beach suite which was fabulous. www.layanaresort.com

Gaynor